Chainsaw collectors corner: pictures

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinemartin

tightwad
Reaction score
From time to time I visit mikes site to do research on saws I am looking to buy or identify. While many have pictures for positive id there are many that do not so here is my suggestion, with the the amount of collectors and hoarders on this site would it be possible to contact mike or who ever maintains his site and offer up images of the chainsaws that do not have a picture? With the amount of rare and off brand saws that I have seen on here lately this shouldn't be a problem. Like I said this is just a suggestion and if someone knows mike and he is not interested than oh well it was just a thought but if he is than I am sure we could rally together and fill in the blanks.

Yes its a good idea. I have sent him pictures of saws he does not have and he did post some of the pictures. He sometimes responds to the email right away and other times nothing. Befor I sent pics to him I sent him an email about it and he said sure send pics. He said that he wanted to up date his site. He did have alot going on with his work and was real busy.

He may be ready to do some up dating now just send him an Email and ask.

Yes its a good idea. I have sent him pictures of saws he does not have and he did post some of the pictures. He sometimes responds to the email right away and other times nothing. Befor I sent pics to him I sent him an email about it and he said sure send pics. He said that he wanted to up date his site. He did have alot going on with his work and was real busy.

He may be ready to do some up dating now just send him an Email and ask.

I believe mike is a member here but other than that don't now how to go about contacting him. It would be nice to know what models need pictures yet!

Pine Martin

You can contact Mike through the email he has on his site.He is a very,very busy fella and I think some emails just get lost in the process.His email is under obsolete chainsaw parts.
Lawrence

I got to spend 3 days with Mike and some other collectors last august.

He runs a full time business and the site is more of a hobby for him.

At the collector party he took many pictures of saws that are to be matched with his library.

I recently sent him a CD with many ads I had scanned of saws and as he has time he can ad what he wants to the matching models in the library.

If you have a nice example of a model not pictured then take 3 to 5 nice pics in a higher resolution and send them to him.

Ric you lucky dog

Ric,Now I remember that picture of you with him.Mike is a chainsaw celebrity as you know that's great you got to meet him.I have talked to him once .He seems like a great guy,I think he is just a very,very, busy man,with his business and all.Maybe you could put that picture of you and him up here on this thread,just a suggestion,not trying to tell you what to do!By the way I guess when you think about it,you and some others on AS are celebrity's also

Lawrence

i thin a good value to him would also be pics that cover the different variations in saws over the years.... for example the different muffler covers for the 041...

Latest posts

Back