Chainsaw Envy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I just happened to be at the local Husky dealer today (I had my bar ground and a chain sharpened) so I asked about the 372XP. With the 20" bar and chain......$769 plus tax. Yikes!:jawdrop:

Time for some comparison shopping........

seems a little high.

Well, I just happened to be at the local Husky dealer today (I had my bar ground and a chain sharpened) so I asked about the 372XP. With the 20" bar and chain......$769 plus tax. Yikes!:jawdrop:

i can get them $100 cheaper down here .

hornett, where are you in ct? i havent checked the dealer in woodstock yet. i have got my 2 from him that i have now. they have good service too, Mike
im spoiled i have a stihl and a husky dealer prolly 5 or less miles from my house :rock: , Mike

i'm in Glastonbury.

of RT 2 just east of Hartford.i have a stihl/huskly dealer behind my house.i got my last 372 for $625 with no B&C.i know the guy in Brooklyn gets about $659 or $679 with a GB Titanium bar and oregon chain.

Hornett224
i can get them $100 cheaper down here .

Quick, give the number to your dealer! Two more calls to dealers up here got me the same price $769....that's a lot of overtime.

One dealer spent about 25 minutes on the phone with me (scored MAJOR cool points for that). He admitted he loves his 372XP but also suggested I look at the 575XP. He believes it tends to be more "user friendly" with an ergometric trigger grip, larger diameter frame, and better fuel economy.

What do you guys think?

i think he's full of it.

he's most likely trying to unload a saw on you he can't get rid of.i used a 575 and it's by no means a 372xp.not even close.

there is also no way i would buy a 575 right now when the New Edition is supposed to be out in the fall.(Sept.) according to my sources at Husky.at least see what it's all about.

just get the 372 and skip the hassle.

PM sent!

Yeah but once you pull the trigger you forget all about the money...........I just bought one of these last week. Great saw in bigger wood so far.

A modded ms361 with a 18''-''20'' bar is a nicer saw to run than a husky 372xp IMO!!!

A modded ms361 with a 18''-''20'' bar is a nicer saw to run than a husky 372xp IMO!!!

You bring up another question that I have. How do you "mod" a saw? Is it just opening up the muffler (with appropriate carb adj) so it breathes better or can you upgrade the piston, crank, carb, and other components as well?

Latest posts

Back