Chainsaw parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanajack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have spent hours trying to find an internet site that has a comprehensive parts list or part number search for Husqvarna saws. I am looking for parts for the high rpm Husky 42/42 special. Tips?

How come you have to go to the Husqvarna UK site? Don't they have a US site?? Try not to deal with Giles or Gary, they aren't the most friendly :-(

Dan Forsh said:
How come you have to go to the Husqvarna UK site? Don't they have a US site?? Try not to deal with Giles or Gary, they aren't the most friendly :-(

The Husqvarna U.K. site has this on the front page. The others didn't.But they did misspell Husqvarna.

Operator's Manuals and Illustrated Parts Lists (IPL's)
Click here to search for and download Operator's Manuals and IPL's for your Huqvarna machine.

Thank you Dennis but I got the parts list [lists, there are newer and older] from Husky.

That UK site is good; best I've found, but check out some of their prices: 17 British Pounds for a chain! - that's over 30 dollars + S and H!

I love this saw. Can't buy anything like it today. Instant acceleration and the manual says not to adjust it to go over 15,500 rpm. It screams when you do - and you burn it up after a time.

Tropical woods have eaten up the metal in and around the clutch and chain areas. Coconut seems to be especially corrosive.

There used to be a parts outfit in Sacramento with a name like "Busy Bee" or something. Can't find it. Maybe they are out of business?

The place you're thinking of is BeeTee Equipment. They're a Husqvarna distributor. If you have part numbers or descriptions, let me know and I'll quote you some prices.

baileys_logo_arboristsite_1.gif

Grande Dog
Master Mechanic
Discount Arborist Equipment and Tree Care Supplies

Last edited:
C'mon, Hanajack! You don't buy chains and bars fron the original supplier. Would you take a 15 year old car back to the dealer for a service?

Specific parts yes, but chains and bars are consumables, buy these from wherever.

If you need anything more specific, try BT or ask members here if they have 2nd hand parts

Grande Dog + Baileys has connected me with some hard to find parts on the few Husky saws I have worked on. Give them a try.

Grande Dog, you the man!!

Currently I'm looking for:

a 501 79 67-08,

a 504 21 00-16,

and a 501 62 35-02 [I actually only need the housing of this assembly but don't see a part no. for it.]

I would buy a whole used saw, Husky 42, 42 Special, or 242xp if I could find one.

I'm packing a lot into this reply, but I've also been looking for a online site that sells chains by the numbers, ie. J66, or, .058, .325, 66 links - especially a BP.

Hope to hear from you when I get on line again next week.

--------------------
Dan, I was just using a chain as an example of the UK prices.

Grande Dog,
I'll go for a couple of those BP21, .058, .325 66 link chains. Where do we go from here?
Also, do you "sell" those parts you gave me prices on?

Mange,
As a new kid onl the block, I'm not sure how the "quote" thing works. Anyway, I would like to know what you have - apart or not. We can deal with the shipping later.

hanajack said:
Mange,
As a new kid onl the block, I'm not sure how the "quote" thing works. Anyway, I would like to know what you have - apart or not. We can deal with the shipping later.
I think there is about anything you could need, exept coil and module.

Lives in Huskvarna, Sweden, moving to Maui . . .

I have spent hours trying to find an internet site that has a comprehensive parts list or part number search for Husqvarna saws. I am looking for parts for the high rpm Husky 42/42 special. Tips?

HanaJack, I've got zero experience with chainsaws, and those skills could come in handy with my new job on Maui- growing and planting indangered species of native trees, and eradicating invasive species. I've got a few months to learn what I can here in Sweden (I've lived here 20 years), including repair and maintenance of Husqvarna chainsaws, then I'm moving to a ranch near Kula.

You seem like a local guy with island tree cutting experience with a Husky, and I'm a guy who lives about two miles from the Husqvarna factory with no experience, maybe we could be of service to each other. Got any ideas, feel free to get in touch- Thanks! Guy

Latest posts

Back