Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The t2i is what I've been using for almost 3 years now. It seems to work good. I do want a full frame canon so I can keep the lenses and not have to start over on them.

The lens you use is more important than the camera body.

I agree. Buy the best lens you can afford for the majority of the pictures you make.

My gear list:

Here's a few pictures I took today. Too much rain to do anything outside.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I agree. Buy the best lens you can afford for the majority of the pictures you make.

My gear list:

i like the L glass myself.:hmm3grin2orange:

Thanks for the suggestions. What would be different between the 40D and T2i?

It's funny, I used to be really into photography in high school and shortly after but got distracted along the way. But after following this thread for a while and having a photographer take some pictures for my new website with her $2000 Nikon, the itch is returning.

The trouble is, I don't know squat anymore. :hmm3grin2orange:

I really want to be able to take those cool cutter pictures like Tzed does!

It's funny, I used to be really into photography in high school and shortly after but got distracted along the way. But after following this thread for a while and having a photographer take some pictures for my new website with her $2000 Nikon, the itch is returning.

The trouble is, I don't know squat anymore. :hmm3grin2orange:

You can go for an older Canon Digital Rebel. I have a Rebel XT and it takes wonderful pics. I have like $2k into it, but isn't worth near that now, most of the $$$ was glass though, actually hardly use it now, just get lazy and get out the P&S cameras.

biggest difference is 40D is a semi-pro and T2i is consumer model.

you'll need a macro len and good lighting to pull of shoot like those Tzed has posted.

40D can shoot 6.5fps vs T2i's 3.7

T2i is a current model where as the 40D is 2 product cycles old (current being the 60D which i hate)

40D is 10.1 megapixel vs 18.1 of T2i.

T2i does video where as 40D does not.

T2i uses sd card, 40D is still compactflash.

T2i like a toy compared to 40D in terms of build quality.

I would take the 40D over any current rebel out.

which model rebel do you have?

you can pull of most of the shots you've seen on this thread with correct lighting and setup.

good glass and nice body will make things easier to accomplish but arent necessary.

and glass will always be a bigger factor for picture quality then body.

let me tell you Tzed has serious amount of $$$$$$ tied up in his gear including that 300 2.8 lens which i would love to have a canon copy in my line up.

I tried it in a make your own 6 pack today. They had 2 leines flavors. I don't remember the other one but I'm going to try it. They do have 6 packs of it here. I wish spotted cow would make its way down here too.

Latest posts

Back