Chainsaw photography

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
100_0881_00.jpg

One more
Getting these pictures was like herding cats. The dogs wanted to run in the snow not sit for a picture. This was just before the dogs dumped her in the snow, and I knew better than to take a picture of her covered in snow. Well at least I know better than to post it here, or anywhere else for that matter. JR

Some great pics. Thanks for starting this thread Mitch. I mostly use a Kodak M340 that I got at Kmart on a close out. Ended up with it for $54 plus tax. Takes great pics and is pretty easy to use. I have 2 Leica M4's sitting in the gun safe as well as a Ziess Icon rangefinder. Could buy digital backs for the Leicas but they are PRICEY to the max. Still makes me sad to have several thousand in lenses just sitting there.

This is of Susan with Henry (the Lab) and Lucy (the Llewellyn Setter) and that's not all the snow we have now. JR

100_0887_00.jpg

No Leicas here, but I do have 4 Canon F-1's, all working, some mint. Motor drive and lenses out the wazoo, plus other acces. Digital age made them obsolete unless I can find a collector. Guess I will have to learn the new way, wife has a nice Nikon D50. I'm old, I still use a charcoal grill. REJ2

Last edited:
My other half has a nice Nikon digital SLR. Can't remember the model but around $1500.
I bought myself a handy little Fuji Finepix (10MP). It takes great pictures and has an excellent macro (and also a "Super Macro"). I take a lot of photos for work (Horticultural Agronomist) with this camera and many guys in the industry have been very impressed with the macro on this thing, expecting the images to have been taken with a much more expensive camera. Most of my better photos are on my work laptop but here is one I could find of Botrytis (bunch rot) in winegrapes...

WindowsPhotoGalleryWallpaper2.jpg

And same camera with a closeup of a 372XP BB kit that hooked a ring...

DSCF1538.jpg

And a photo from my fiancee's SLR with my mate using my 3120 on a big pine log in Tasmania...

DSC_0043.jpg

And some more from the cheaper Fuji...

DSCF1085.jpg

DSCF1090.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

Last edited:
No Leicas here, but I do have 4 Canon F-1's, all working, some mint. Motor drive and lenses out the wazoo, plus other acces. Digital age made them obsolete unless I can find a collector. Guess I will have to learn the new way, wife has a nice Nikon D50. I'm old, I still use a charcoal grill. REJ2

I hear ya about the old, I just turned 60 in Nov. I have found that there is a lot more gravity about than in previous years. I used to be able to dunk a basketball, but now with this gravity increase I can't do it anymore (haven't for about 20 years), should worry about that instead of global warming.

As for the cameras and lenses, it breaks my heart to see those fine cameras and lenses and motor drives just sitting. As someone said in another post, to get the best from that level of camera you have to have some real professionals do the developing and that ain't free either. Best of luck to ya. JR

Yeah even Stihl guys can appreciate Husky's
DSCN0077-1.jpg

40 year old tractor, 15 year old saw.
DSCN0030.jpg

One beat up 660 with a short dang bar put a black walnut on the ground. Ignore my lack of felling prowess.
DSCN0348.jpg

The face cut pic of the Dolmar is great!!!

Your girls DSLR is a Nikon D70s...;)

Thanks! Yeah that's the model. Not massive bucks but a nice camera. She bought it because she had a heap of nice lenses for her old film Nikon SLR and didn't want them to go to waste. Does all she needs it to do.

Im shooting with a Nikon Coolpix L110.
15x zoom and 12.1 megapixels.

It is okay, but I would like to get into something with better zoom.

And seems a lot of my pictures/videos are grainy.

Playing around with the new Fuji Finepix S1800 tonight.

attachment.php

I tired to do that but it wouldn't let me this time. I went to edit and no luck again. I really like that camera to take pictures of the little girl. I need to try to get some pictures of saws throwing a rooster tail.

Nothing fancy....just a 8year old Kodak Easy Share

But the pics are worth a thousand words....and not all of them are printable :hmm3grin2orange:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back