Chainsaw protective pants for lefty

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy nuts plz get out of this thread... no one want to hear about what you think.... you're a little nuts but huh, you're the king! No one want to ear your s*hit. I actually learn a lot of good information in this thread regarding lef handed chainsaw uses and i also apreciate the comments of the lefty users.... as mentionned before, i think the only way to get my problem fixed is to use my saw with right hand on the trigger... Never had any problem with my 026 but now, i do.
Double_Facepalm.jpg

My face is darkened, sooted. It makes the average nervous. My hands carry the grease and the grime and the blood of the day. Every nick and gouge tells a story. I scratch behind my ear and find another place where the oak dust is hiding. In my hair, nose, balls, boots. It all tells a story of what I did today. A reminder that I carry with me until I can wash it off. The obscene crashing. The ground trembling. The insane rush when I catch death falling out of the corner of my eye. The heartbeat pounding run. Bringing the forest to its knees. The earth groans as my chained wheels churn it up and crush all that was living.

I've got to go weld something so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Pretty much sums up my day. Thank you Randy for reminding me. That is why I do it.

What an idiot??? Try to write letter with your left hand when your right handed,,,, stupid comment

Look buddy. I'm a southpaw, as is my father (who taught me how to use a chainsaw). I run the saw with my right hand on the rear handle and my left on the handlebar. You use the tool as it is built.

I think we will probably read about you bleeding out.

Yep.

???Just looking for some advices Randy Nuts

Take the advice that you've been given................not just the advice that you wanted to hear...

LMAO!!! take up knitting or adapt. I was born lefthanded, using a chainsaw the "right" wasn't that tough.

Yessir.

As a lefty myself I've learned to do many things righthanded and unless you've led a sheltered life you have too. In this modern day and age Leftys have many things equal now as fishing reels, bolt action rifles and even golf clubs, but chainsaws are righthanded as are things like drill presses and skill saws. The main difference being chainsaws can not be safely used other wise, so heed the advice given. Righthanded only. The option is likely wheelchair or bleed-out. Good Luck Lefty Ken

Figures you'd be a southpaw Ken. You're in good company.

Huh, randy's wrong handed... explains everything...

Hey now Northy!:D

Randy nuts plz get out of this thread... no one want to hear about what you think.... you're a little nuts but huh, you're the king! No one want to ear your s*hit. I actually learn a lot of good information in this thread regarding lef handed chainsaw uses and i also apreciate the comments of the lefty users.... as mentionned before, i think the only way to get my problem fixed is to use my saw with right hand on the trigger... Never had any problem with my 026 but now, i do.

Randy's words carry INFINITELY more weight with us than any or your horseshit ever will. He's like a brother to me. Don't want to read what he sez?........................then go piss up a rope.....

every day that passes, my relevancy fades, like an obsolete machine left in the ferns, rust grows through the worn yellow paint.

********. What you know and what you've passed on to others...including me... will live on forever in the memory and the actions of those smart enough to recognize something of true worth.. Screw the ankle-biters...they couldn't make scale on the best day they ever had.
I'd work with you any time. The ankle biters....not ever.

Damn right Bob.

Hey, "somebody" helped put together a really nice...and I mean REALLY NICE... 850 and it was given to me at the NorCal GTG. You wouldn't have any idea who was behind that whole cloak and dagger scheme would you? Somebody that used to run around the Mattole country leaving big marks and various stumps maybe?

IMG_20141101_110329906_zpsd8ykr3a8.jpg

IMG_20141101_110216912_HDR_zps7vxysk8h.jpg

Glad you like the saw Bob. I thoroughly enjoyed building it for you.

The only problem I have today, is who is top of the list, Samlock is out, to far to walk.
Bob, true magic is in the hands who wield it.
I'm glad you have it now, a year and a half in the making, from handles to bar and chain, it came together from all over.

Aaron's idea, the 850 was an interesting choice, a blend of what we expect from McCullochs, without some of the other things we expect of McCullochs.
Kinda funny though, the 850 was the last saw I used before hanging up the corks.
Maybe Aaron will provide some insight.

The wheels started turning after the 2012 NorCal GTG, where Bob had looked over my SP-81 and said he liked how it sounded when I was bucking up the big DF we had. You made a few comments regarding Bob 'needing' an 82cc Mac. Started looking for a suitable project saw when the PM-850 popped up. It fit the bill, as it was an old Mac with the right character and sound.........................but with enough 'modern' characteristics so that Bob would be likely to use it. Got it as a good (but DIRTY and tired) engine from a guy here.

Cleaned it up and figured out what was needed. Conspired with you guys and gathered all the bits. Built it with new rings, crank seals, gaskets, impulse hose, intake boot, AV mounts, and other NOS bits that I can't remember offhand. Several guys contributed used and new parts. Think it turned out pretty well. It's the strongest 82cc Mac I've ran so far....

Aaron, you guys are sneaky but I sure appreciate it. When all the talk about getting me a Mac died down I figured that was the end of it. I didn't know that you guys were plotting and planning for the last year and a half....but knowing you guys I probably should have known.

I like that saw, too. It just feels right, ya know? Runs strong.

My thanks to all who were involved in the whole project. It won't be a shelf queen.

My face is darkened, sooted. It makes the average nervous. My hands carry the grease and the grime and the blood of the day. Every nick and gouge tells a story. I scratch behind my ear and find another place where the oak dust is hiding. In my hair, nose, balls, boots. It all tells a story of what I did today. A reminder that I carry with me until I can wash it off. The obscene crashing. The ground trembling. The insane rush when I catch death falling out of the corner of my eye. The heartbeat pounding run. Bringing the forest to its knees. The earth groans as my chained wheels churn it up and crush all that was living.

I've got to go weld something so I can do it all again tomorrow.

Pretty much sums up my day. Thank you Randy for reminding me. That is why I do it.

" To walk up to a huge, silent being, with intent to tear into it's flesh with a ravening machine, a machine that has a mindless hunger, that gnaws with endless teeth, all the while gleefully howling it's bloodlust, I was all too often one with that beast."

" To walk up to a huge, silent being, with intent to tear into it's flesh with a ravening machine, a machine that has a mindless hunger, that gnaws with endless teeth, all the while gleefully howling it's bloodlust, I was all too often one with that beast."
The first time I read that line I thought about it for days. I thought about it yesterday too.

Latest posts

Back