Chainsaw Road Trip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tom, I sure am glad I only sell Stihl, so I'll be treated like the respectable gentleman that I am.
I hope to see the master salesman in action.

I certainly hope I'll be on the honored list of stops on this trip. I'll even wear that Stihl shirt that you gave me just in case Eddie is riding with you. :cheers:

Are you taking 81 or 90/87? I'm only 10 minutes off exit 19 if you're on 87.

THALL i dont know how long it took you to come up with this little overveiw of the 3 day class. but it is good,lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom, I sure am glad I only sell Stihl, so I'll be treated like the respectable gentleman that I am.
I hope to see the master salesman in action.

You'll be treated like a King. Remember now the less breakfast you eat and the more you throw on the floor for the multi brand sellers to clean up the higher grade you get. Eat a big supper the nite before, thats what I did, haha

If you swing through Philly (wouldn't make sense), theres always fresh coffee :)

Grats on getting into the class. Hoping I can get into one this year.

There's a guy somewhere near Middletown NY who has a pretty vast collection I hear. I can't remember his name, even though he was the service manager at Middletown Mazda VW when I was a mechanic there. Great guy too. Very smart. He works at VAG USA HQ now I think. I'll try to remember his name.

I certainly hope I'll be on the honored list of stops on this trip. I'll even wear that Stihl shirt that you gave me just in case Eddie is riding with you. :cheers:

Are you taking 81 or 90/87? I'm only 10 minutes off exit 19 if you're on 87.

I talked to a nice lady at Stihl today, and she said I'd still be permitted to associate with Husqvarna dealers under special permission. So I got myself a one day pass so I can stop by Bob and shoot the sh*t, as long I mention that Stihl is the number 1 selling brand at least once an hour.

Ok Blood its time to fill you in on what your really going to.

When I was there we did stay at the beach facing the ocean and yes Stihl did send Lincolns to come pick us up and take us back to the hotel.

First day in class Eddie will be teaching alot of the basics. He doesn't waste alot of time beating the same subjects, he rolls right along. You will need to be alert because alot will come back in tests.

Safety and EPA will be beat into you. The last thing you want to do is drop start a saw in Eddie's presence. He will scold you very quick, trust me I know from first hand experiance. He's very gung ho about safety and doing things by the book and book only.

You will be given some sort of unit to tear down and find faults with that Eddie has on purpose rigged up. You will be graded on finding every fault with the unit. Your given 1 hour to tear it apart and put it back together and list all the faults you found. This test is critical for your passing so take your time and find each and every fault.

There will be a bunch of items that you will be told to look at and try to figure out what happened to them. You will be given 2 minutes to look, list what you think happened to it and then you go to the next item. In this deal if you don't know the cause guess at it and move on, 2 minutes is all your going to get. Not allowed to hold up the others.

You will get the pleasure of seeing Eddie's $19,000 automatic chain sharpener he is very proud of. You'll get a tour of the Stihl museum which is very cool. You'll get a full factory tour in which you will see a multi billion dollar operation in action. They can produce 6000 saws a day in full swing. You will enjoy all the multi million dollar equipment they use throughout the factory.

You will go outside and run some equipment and blow up some as well only to put back together in class. You will see they don't cut pennies when teaching, they really put out some big bucks for the Gold School.

Finally and foremost all the mod talk and alterations that are common practice on this site is shunned. He won't listen to it, has no interest in it so don't even go there. Everything is taught and done strickly by the book and nothing else. Half of what goes on here is considered idiot talk at the factory so spare yourself and stick to the book.

Oh, yes the factory does have a Stihl Cafe. The walls are indeed bright lime green. Dayummest thing I ever seen but the food is good!!

Now your informed of what to expect. I got one of the highest grades in my class when I was there so if I can do it you should have no problems at all. Getttttttttttttttter done,:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oh, while your there tell Eddie ole Hall said I'll be down in the spring to check his saw collection again and that even though he has more saws, mine are prettier,haha

Why doesn't Eddie post here anymore?

btw Blood, swing by NC and pick me up.:D Me and Tom got to have some more words about that spark screen.:ices_rofl::chainsaw:

Why doesn't Eddie post here anymore?

btw Blood, swing by NC and pick me up.:D Me and Tom got to have some more words about that spark screen.:ices_rofl::chainsaw:

He wised up, thats all, same as Lake,LOLOLOL

You get that saw back yet???

Hey tom, I though you were going to ship me that saw, what's up? Someones double dipp'in.

Your alias is'nt Pine somthin, is it.,LOL

I saw that thread. I got Pinemartin mixed up with Pinesfarm. I posted and then deleted it when I saw my error.

I meant to send you 2k's saw but your money order never showed up, crook,LOLOL

I saw that thread. I got Pinemartin mixed up with Pinesfarm. I posted and then deleted it when I saw my error.

I meant to send you 2k's saw but your money order never showed up, crook,LOLOL

That's the last time I use "fly by nite" money order, but the guy on the phone at UPS said the saw was damaged in transit, said sometang about the saw being shipped in WENDY'S bag.

That's the last time I use "fly by nite" money order, but the guy on the phone at UPS said the saw was damaged in transit, said sometang about the saw being shipped in WENDY'S bag.

LOLOL, no way. I gotta tell ya man when 2k packs up a saw he packs up a saw. I never seen so much packing in one box in my life. I kept digging and digging and finally way in the bottom was his saw. That thing could have fell out a airplane and not get damaged.....

LOLOL, no way. I gotta tell ya man when 2k packs up a saw he packs up a saw. I never seen so much packing in one box in my life. I kept digging and digging and finally way in the bottom was his saw. That thing could have fell out a airplane and not get damaged.....

LOL, Yes but better safe than sorry, I've seen how some goons who work in shipping companies handle packages,Lets just say I would'nt ship grandma's china with some companies.

Latest posts

Back