Chainsaw safety boot liners ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CJ8Ted

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I use them in the winter in place of the felt liners in my cold weather boots. They are thick, so to use them in a "regular" boot I would think the boot would have to be a few sizes too big. I use the Labonville kelvar low heel leather boots the rest of the year and my big wide feet love them.:)

Sorry this topic is not about a saw, but one of safety PPE.

I was thinking about getting these:
Chainsaw Safety Kevlar-Polyester Boot Liner Fits All Boots - Labonville Chainsaw Safety Boots - Labonville Inc.

I have, and use full wrap chaps above a steel toe rubber boot. But I feal like the top of my foot and ankle is "out in the open" so to speak. Sometimes I cut every evening (firewood) and sometimes my saws sit for a month with no use.

Any one using safety boot liners?

Ted

Good idea for protecting the instep, which I'm guessing is at least as, if not more vulnerable than the toe.

Well I put an order in today. I'm going to try them for my occasional wood cutting. If they do not work well for me I will find some real safety boots.

Thanks "taplinhill" for your first hand exp.

And "tdi-rick" I hope I never test them.;)

Ted

A little follow-up for those who may search for safety gear, boot liners, chainsaw boots, ect.

My boot liners came to my house within a couple days of the call. At first fit and feal they were not as thick as I thought they would be. But no way could I get them into my work boots, I could get them into my steel toe rubber boots but they were too tight to be out in the woods. I was at wally world today and got another pair of steel toe rubber boots one size larger than what I have been wearing, (made in Canada) and grip like mad for $24 the boot liners were on sale but w/ shipping came to about $46 so for $70 I have safety boots for my occasional saw use. I wore them today for about two hours, moving brush and checking out more firewood. They were fine and I think they will work good for my needs.

Ted

Back