Chainsaw vise assembly work stand ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ True..... but scrap steel laying around in the shop is even cheaper if ya have it and some time! LOL
True that, but I was just eyeing an old hitch ball and a bunch of plate to make a clamp out of. That little rotator thing you posted would be, much easier to deal with.

I have been looking for one of those vises for at least 15 years and have never seen one except for the one tree monkey has in his video

I've had mine for years......grabbed it off ebay......the seller didn't know what it was just said it came from a gone out of business saw shop in the PNW. Think I paid $85.00 shipped to Maine from the PNW. I took it all apart trying to find who made it.......not a sign of ID except a couple single digit casting numbers. I did eventually find a pic and part # listed in the Tilton book. Mine is gray....the Tilton one was red like the OP's. I assume that these were offered to dealers of most saw brands through their factory suppliers of specialty tools etc.

49SP Build with Northwood Saw Piston 014.jpg

Back