Chainsaw with Auger - Pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeRoze

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hey - I picked this up today and am hoping to get some more info, and share a bit. I grabbed it because I like it, but I doubt I will keep it over the long haul. It was coupled to a Poulan 361, but looks awfully universal with the right size sprocket. There are remnants of red paint on the shaft and on the mating surface...?

Pics of the business end. It is in really good shape, with one tack weld on the removable cutter.
heroze-albums775-173954.jpg

heroze-albums775-173944.jpg

Here's a few shots of the upper end of the auger shaft:
heroze-albums775-173952.jpg

heroze-albums775-173950.jpg

Last edited:
A few shots of the saw to auger coupling:

heroze-albums775-173946.jpg

heroze-albums775-173945.jpg

heroze-albums775-173941.jpg

heroze-albums775-173942.jpg

Here I am uncoupling the two:

heroze-albums775-173947.jpg

It fell apart nicely - and everything was properly wet with lube:

heroze-albums775-173953.jpg

Last edited:
That's a fence-post auger in the pics, but I know that they were also available with Ice-augers too. Most ice-augers didn't use the spring/shock coupler on the shaft, and the lead point on the business end was short. The cutting "tooth" on the bottom usually came off for sharpening...that one is designed to lift out rocks.

They were sold in this area as "Eska-Mo" ice auger attachments and Gilmann post hole attachments, but I think Gilmann was the distributor here, not tghe manufacturer.

I don't think that would work for a fence post auger her in souther MO maybe for the first two inches then it would turn you upside down trying to hang on to it

I don't think that would work for a fence post auger her in souther MO maybe for the first two inches then it would turn you upside down trying to hang on to it

Yep. Me and my brother ran a gear drive Mac with auger and helper handle. Catch a rock with that torqueing mother and it would turn both us wild!

Harry K

One man auger, no doubt. We have similar issues here with putting a hole in the ground. Hit some good GA red or white clay (which this has been used for by the way) with any auger and the operator end is suddenly easier to move than the bit end.

That's a fence-post auger in the pics, but I know that they were also available with Ice-augers too. Most ice-augers didn't use the spring/shock coupler on the shaft, and the lead point on the business end was short. The cutting "tooth" on the bottom usually came off for sharpening...that one is designed to lift out rocks.

They were sold in this area as "Eska-Mo" ice auger attachments and Gilmann post hole attachments, but I think Gilmann was the distributor here, not tghe manufacturer.

cool - best leads so far! + rep.

Latest posts

Back