Chainsaws and Picture Manipulation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Could someone show me how to annotate a picture as I have imbedded below. My adobe photoshop 7.0 has an annotation feature whereby you can add not only a script by clicking on an icon in the picture, but it will also allow audio by clicking on an icon as well, but I can't figure out how to accomplish this.
Also, I would like to know how to save an 800 x 600 piece of a picture from the original actual pixels of say 3200 x 2400. I'd be dangerous if I knew how to do these two things. Glens, Caryr or Babcock have the expertese in this dept., but Doug sniveled out awhile back due to incompatibility or something like that. lol
Anyway, thanks in advance for any help.
John
Woodticks.jpg

Gypo isn't that the GTG you didn't go to cause they were gonna beat you up? Now I see why you were worried ahhhhha! Whazzup!

try paintbrush

if your picture is a jpg or bmp, paintbrush, the freebie that comes with windows should allow you to use the "text" button usually an A in the tool box, to position a blank rectangle on the pic and then add text.

I see all the disks and sawdust ... so that leaves one question -- who ate the log?

(I'm not a multi-media type, but I think to add popup comments and audio mp3's on "mouse-overs" you're going to use "Shockwave" by Macromedia-? which will probably work imbedded in a post as above, or an Adobe pdf file which a user will need to click over to. maybe try photoshop help on "swf" or "shockwave")

macman101a said:
Gypo isn't that the GTG you didn't go to cause they were gonna beat you up? Now I see why you were worried ahhhhha! Whazzup!
That would be the one . See how happy they are after having some of Paul's ribs? We want ribs! We want ribs!
BabyBackRibs11small.jpg

Sorry about derailing the thread so soon, but I wanted to superimpose LJS, TFJ, MM and GL and Busy Beaver on that group hug picture that caused such a stir.
John

I know I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I went to Paint and used the pencil and here's what I came up with. It's sorta juvenile, but funny none the less.
John
groupof4.jpg

Hey John, if the guy on the left was sporting a pair of chaps (instead of his bikini) he'd be a spittin' image of a bare a$$ woodtick I saw a picture of on this site a while back!!!!!!!

Jeff

Gypo Logger said:
I know I'm not the brightest bulb on the tree, but I went to Paint and used the pencil and here's what I came up with. It's sorta juvenile, but funny none the less.
John, I believe I'd used "xpaint" for that annotation.  I've attached an image showing that image open in the program.  Note in the little toolbox window how I've selected the letter "A" (has the thick black frame around it) which will then allow me to type with the character set and color of my choice starting at wherever I click the cursor on the target image.

I think what I'd done originally was to type in the name, then switch tools to select an area immediately surrounding the text, and fill the background of that area with white (although the original image had been converted to grayscale after all was said and done, so I'm not sure about the "white").

Anyway, if your Windows Paint is even half as capable as the X Window System paint (hence xpaint) you should have a similar tool set available.  Maybe you'd need something as complicated as photoshop for such a simple task under Windows, though, hahaha!

For your example image, I'd use the tool which selects an area to select the text boxes, then fill them with white to cover over the names already there, then switch to the lettering tool and pick a font small enough as appropriate and type in the new names.

You should also be able to use the tool which selects areas to pick a portion out of the image and manipulate it separately.

Grab a cold beer, light up a smoke, and play around with it some... you'll eventually get the hang of it!

Glen

Back