challenge course set up

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was asked to help with setting up a course for a youth group in New Brunswick. Donating my time. It is a one time thing. Looking for reference material to maximize my participation. It
is for the kids. The more knowledge I have the more they will benefit from my time.

Are you helping someone or a group who have done it before and you are an extra hand? Or are you a part of a group doing it for the first time?

If the former is true and you have worked at all in trees I think you will find yourself useful to the group by being comfortable at height and moving about in the trees, as well as picking good trees for the elements to be placed on. It would be hard to find a resource to learn more than that beforehand unless you did the following.

If the latter is true I would suggest putting up the money for the ACCT standards noted in the post above. ( https://www.paymyassociation.com/di...0198-9FD4-77700817BD92B842&emailformnbr=43870 ) direct link to purchasing standards. I would also look into any inspection standards/requirements around your location as it could have a large impact on reoccurring fees or insurance.

A helper with a lot of experience in trees. Whatever I am doing I like to be over prepared. Just trying to maximize my efforts and fulfil my thirst for knowledge.

Latest posts

Back