"Champion" saw in Canada

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had experience with these big box store specials.
Customer buys a chainsaw, lawnmower, brushcutter or whatever. It starts having problems so he takes it to the big box store he bought it from, thinking "It was so cheap they'll just give me another one".
Wrong.
A big box store employee who'd rather be anywhere else than at the "returns and warranty" desk will take said piece of power equipment and say they need to "send it over to the repair center". Turnaround time is always given as "two weeks".
Two weeks pass and no news, so the customer heads down to the store to have news. He's told the repair center hasn't called back.
Usually a couple more such visits are needed before the employee calls over his superindendant who invariably says "There's been a mishap at the repair center, so we are giving you a new one right away".

So why don't they give you a new one right away? I have no idea. May be they have to maintain the fiction a "repair center" for chainsaws which cost them €50 or less exist. Or may be it's all kabuki for the rubes.

Ahhh yes the kabuki technique! Many will toss that saw and it is the dumpster diver that brings it into my shop and wants it fixed. It was free so if they can sped some money then it is well worth it.. WRONG. I find that many customers will want to emulate the professionals and buy what they have. All they know is it was a Stihl so the rest is just how much they want to spend.

Back