Chaps? Are these correctly fitted?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job.. MtnHermit..!!

Chaps should have never left the factory..and of course Bailey's didn't manufacture them.

Again..great job of re-designing and keeping yourself safe..!!
:cheers:
J2F

CHECKPHOTOS014.jpg

115653d1228446100-interesting-but-boring-chainsaw-facts-scan3.jpeg

These both suggest that the majority of saw injuries occur while starting/carrying the saw, not while cutting wood. Your diagram of the actual saw relative to the left leg amplifies the danger.

Prior to this thread, I was of the impression that a thrown chain is the "loggers" greatest danger. Now believe simple carelessness is the culprit.

Thanks for the post.

As received from Baileys, the chaps were much too lose with the cinch strap at minimum length. I fixed that by taking 4-5" out of each vee strap on the inner leg. That allowed enough adjustment of the outer cinch strap to tighten the chaps around my leg.

Chaps2.jpg

The photo shows the amount strap I took out of the vee and the current correct position of the cinch strap. This appears to solve the imbalance between inner and outer leg coverage from my OP. Will test in the field next week.

I'm really curious as to how this worked out. I just ordered a set of these... If I have to modify them, it would be nice to know.

Latest posts

Back