Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine last week. Been using a saw for 34 years but after looking at some pics on here and other sites... and the fact I'm not getting any younger, stronger or faster reflexes I thought oh well. Plenty of things out there to hurt you, I don't need to keep testing the odds.

I will take being hot than cool with a messed up leg. Plus they are like having insulated pants on in the winter.

Yeah they are hot and mine are heavy but at least if I mess up I have a fighting chance at going on home with all of my pieces and parts attached. I just got a forestry helmet the other day and boy is that nice having the face shield to keep the flying debris away plus the bugs aren't in my face either as a bonus I dont loose my hearing protection anymore. Yes the PPE is hot and sometimes heavy but I would rather have it and go home safe than to have to call for a ride to the emergency room.

Plus I figure cutting and hauling wood is work so I am going to get hot and sweaty anyways. It was 79ish here last night. I was pretty sweaty and nasty by the time I finished up cutting yesterday. Nothing like some good hard work.

I have some full-wrap Husqvarna ones, best chainsaw tool I have ever bought. Wear them and feel slightly more confident with the saw.

I just got a forestry helmet

I took the attached muffs off mine because plugs work better and aren't as hot. I considered buying some of the Peltor AM muffs to fit the helmet for convenience (putting plugs in with dirty hands is a pain) but never made that buy. The plugs are free at work.

I got the chaps with the full calf wrap from Labonville. Nice units.

Back