Charity Firewood Cutting for Interfaith Caregivers of Burnett County WI

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a good time. How does a guy get invited to one of these?

Just keep an eye on this thread. I don't think we've ever turned anyone down that wanted to help.

There's a lot of BSing done by the locals at this thread too, along with info on other GTGs, saw races, and any other reason we can think of to hang out and play with saws: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/minnesota-wisconsin-iowa-dakotas-gtgs-thread.231778/ Stop in there, introduce yourself and hang on for the ride. Lots of good people up in this part of the country that are on here.

Just keep an eye on this thread. I don't think we've ever turned anyone down that wanted to help.

There's a lot of BSing done by the locals at this thread too, along with info on other GTGs, saw races, and any other reason we can think of to hang out and play with saws: http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/minnesota-wisconsin-iowa-dakotas-gtgs-thread.231778/ Stop in there, introduce yourself and hang on for the ride. Lots of good people up in this part of the country that are on here.
Will do, I love playing with saws but I never get the opportunity to run them enough. I wouldn't mind learning a thing or too along the way.

Hopefully we can get together after deer hunting and help Denny again. Wendy (one of the Interfaith volunteers) has some trees in her yard that a local tree service jobbed her on after the wind storm. Fatness and I are going to scope out the situation. He has a manlift and now has his own trailer to haul it on. Hopefully we can GTG and get them on the ground and cleaned up for her. It is a situation that has troubled her for along time and she will be very greatfull if we can pull this off for her.

Hopefully we can get together after deer hunting and help Denny again. Wendy (one of the Interfaith volunteers) has some trees in her yard that a local tree service jobbed her on after the wind storm. Fatness and I are going to scope out the situation. He has a manlift and now has his own trailer to haul it on. Hopefully we can GTG and get them on the ground and cleaned up for her. It is a situation that has troubled her for along time and she will be very greatfull if we can pull this off for her.
I'd love to come and help. Only December weekend I'm busy right now is the 7-8th.

Post the date when you know. Hopefully I'll have that weekend open to come help. Need to burn the cobwebs out my 7900. :D

Fatness and I went up to Denny and Barb's today. Said they delivered wood to the 72nd family this year. We are thinking either the first or second weekend in Dec-weather permitting. I've got other commitments on Sat Dec 14th. What does everyone else think? There is a lot of small piles of smaller and shorter logs that would be nice to get cleaned up before we get too much snow. We also need a crew to get the trees down at Wendy's place. FB thought we can get them done without the man lift he has. It would be really neat to get them down, cut up and split without Wendy knowing!

Fatness and I went up to Denny and Barb's today. Said they delivered wood to the 72nd family this year. We are thinking either the first or second weekend in Dec-weather permitting. I've got other commitments on Sat Dec 14th. What does everyone else think? There is a lot of small piles of smaller and shorter logs that would be nice to get cleaned up before we get too much snow. We also need a crew to get the trees down at Wendy's place. FB thought we can get them done without the man lift he has. It would be really neat to get them down, cut up and split without Wendy knowing!

Give me a hollar when you want to cut the trees at Wendy's place. Is that the place we ate a meal at after one of the charity cuttings?

Boyd, either weekend works for me. I've got 150' of Amsteel Blue that'd be more than happy to tell those trees which way to go, too. Got a pulley setup if we need a redirect too.

Welcome back, everyone. Let's hope the new system keeps the hackers out.

Sounds like Saturday the 7th is the day we will be cutting. I will be able to come early but I will also have to leave a bit early. We gonna meet yo for breakfast in siren like normal?

Sounds like Saturday the 7th is the day we will be cutting. I will be able to come early but I will also have to leave a bit early. We gonna meet yo for breakfast in siren like normal?
Breakfast at 7AM-Hopefully done around 1PM. I hope to bring my dump trailer and swing by the One Shot and pick up a load of wood for a needy family in Osceola.

Who is on the breakfast list?

Latest posts

Back