cheap muffler deflector

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickyrooster

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
After paying 15.00 for a 272 husky muffler deflector from my local dealer, I decided to try to find a less costly way to do muffler mods and still have a factory look. I have found that if you get a small transformer (120v ac to 24v dc is what I used) you can remove the rivets and the end cap from one end can be cut in half to make 2 deflectors. has a close to factory look also. I got mine at a local flee market for $1.00. these transformers are used in furnaces, door bells and a lot of other things. Rick!!

Cut4fun

Cut4fun

Faster is Better
RR, I really need to see a pic also, the ebay link did nothing for me figuring out a muffler deflector out of such.
I am needing a few husky screw on deflectors right now, so lets see this alliterative plan you have.

rahtreelimbs

rahtreelimbs

A.K.A Rotten Tree Limbs
. AS Supporting Member.
Amoungst My Saws........Fool That Has Too Many!!!
RR, I really need to see a pic also, the ebay link did nothing for me figuring out a muffler deflector out of such.
I am needing a few husky screw on deflectors right now, so lets see this alliterative plan you have.

+1

The Husky deflectors are costly if you have a lot of mufflers to do.

rickyrooster

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
I have no camera to take pictures right now, thats why I used the ebay link to show it. the gold colored metal covers are what you want to remove from the transformer. after you remove it you cut it in half and each half becomes a deflector for you muffler. sorry I cant be of more help. Rick :confused: