Cheap piston rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huskydave

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I need 2 piston rings for an 026 project baileys doesn't have a 44mm set any ideas on where to get a set of good quality rings? You don't even want to know how much my Stihl dealer wants I could get a new piston for what he charges. I also noticed baileys sells clutch needlebearings I see the one for the 028 will that one work? I saw a set on ebay but I don't know if they are oem.

The 028 bearing is quite different to the 026.

You also need 44mmx1.2mm, not 1.5mm..

Cheapstihlsawparts has 026 OEM rings for about half of Stihl retail.

If you need the entire piston and rings, I have a couple of oem at close to chinese prices.

Last edited:
Thanks guys that is a better price. I am going to order the rings and the tools for installation tomorrow. I never reuse piston rings and I like to support the locals but some parts are getting too expensive. I can't say enough good things about baileys! I should be able to track down the needle bearing locally. The T handle torx set is a must for the small Stihl saws I am glad I bought one today. The bolts had sewing thread wrapped around them and surprisingly it works well the bolts were torqued down very tight. I have a lot of work to do in the meantime anyway this 260 was beat bad.

Latest posts

Back