Cheap Stihl chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherrycutter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have found a local dealer selling all types of Stihl chain for a dollar a loop more than oregon. I got a few 25" loops of RSC for 16$ each. I had been paying 2$ over length of chain for it. Has anyone else found it this cheap?:rock:

Last edited:
The only place I have ever found cheap Stihl chain is at state fairs. It is sold by the loop, off a roll and made to order. Usually buy 10 or 15 loops at a whack as it is priced right around Oregon. I think I stihl have some loops of RS chain on the bench collecting dust. Dealers will sometimes give you a break if you buy several loops at once (buy 1 get 1 or 2 for ½ off) but single chains are expensive. Local dealer wanted $28.95 for a 18” loop of RM but at least he had the chain in stock.

I have found a local dealer selling all types of Stihl chain for a dollar a loop more than oregon. I got a few 25" loops of RSC for 16$ each. I had been paying 2$ over length of chain for it. Has anyone else found it this cheap?:rock:

Cheap stihl chain = oxymoron :)

I usually buy my chain off ebay. Even with stiff shipping my 2 chains of 3/8 24in RSC came to $14/15 per chain. Dealer...$27 and no discount buying 2. A roll of chain would last me 3 lifetimes.

Brian

Where is this dealer?

Cheap stihl chain = oxymoron :)

I usually buy my chain off ebay. Even with stiff shipping my 2 chains of 3/8 24in RSC came to $14/15 per chain. Dealer...$27 and no discount buying 2. A roll of chain would last me 3 lifetimes.

Brian

Maybe several AS members who live near one another could go in on a roll of chain. I know it is expensive........isn't it about 2.00 a running foot?

That would stihl be cheaper than having them made up.

Thats a great price. I just paid $22 for a 20" RSC (72 DL).

The name of the dealer is Milheim Small Engine. It is in central PA between Williamsport and State College. It is an Amish run shop. I buy all my stuff there. He sells Stihl and Huskys. Great guy

Back