Check out this rim/drum setup for the 200T

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveo_supremo

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
i do seem to remember the spur drive fits into the oiler drive ,so how would a rim sprocket spline fit in oiler drive ???maybe it just mashes in and no one has noticed the mismatch /or had a failure

I retract my response. There's not enough meat in the plastic worm to hold up to that spline. I thought they had designed the worm to work with either but I don't see it holding up with the rim sprocket.

Does the seller sell auxiliary oilers? There's your answer. Just hook up an oiler from a CS mill on your little nimble limbing saw :msp_smile: Forget about the worm gear.

maybe it just mashes in and no one has noticed the mismatch /or had a failure
I'm thinking that may be the answer, but if a company is making these sprockets for that specific saw You'd think they would figure out the oiler drive as well.

no way does that rim sprocket spline match the 200T's stock 3/8 oil worm

gTT.jpg

gTTT.jpg

Here's the reply I got from the seller when I asked him about this:

"I reviewed your question with the service manager that supplies these sprockets and he does understand that those saws do have an oil pump drive, but we also know that these sprockets do not come with that but only have the drum, rim and bearing. He is asking the manufacturer about this issue but for the moment this sprocket comes the way you see it in the listing. We have sold quite a few of those sprockets and have had no complaints but I do not know how they solved the oil pomp drive issue.If they alter this sprocket we will adjust our listing and re-photograph the new sprocket but even if they do it will be some time before those changes show up at our level. Thank you for your interest."

I retract my response. There's not enough meat in the plastic worm to hold up to that spline. I thought they had designed the worm to work with either but I don't see it holding up with the rim sprocket.

probably not a big deal

nDF.jpg

That's the way I was seeing it. I thought it would look worse than that though. From the pics I wouldn't have thought there was that much engagement. The tips of the spline stick out far enough to make good contact with the worm. Not as much contact surface as the spur but I can see how it could work.

The Ebay spline has 7 teeth. The red spline overlay shows 8 teeth.
I'm not saying it doesn't work. Just something I noticed.

Last edited:
The Ebay spline has 7 teeth. The red spline overlay shows 8 teeth.
I'm not saying it doesn't work. Just something I noticed.[/QUOTE

PGG must be running an 8 pin spur. See the pic in post 5. It's a worm made to mate with a 7 pin spur. PGG's example should hold up if you have a spline with 7 teeth paired to a worm meant for a 7t spur.

ah yeah what a dummy my pic was a 1/4 pitch worm, maybe the regular 3/8 worm slots to the sprocket better?

MNK.jpg

Last edited:
One possibility to adapt that rim/drum to the Pico 7-pin (6-pin) oil pump worm gear would be to slice a section of the spur from a worn-out Pico 7-pin (6-pin) sprocket and silver solder it to the rim. This would also work with the 1/4 pitch Oregon rims as sold by Bailey's. Many carvers prefer the MS200 (rear handle version), but it is not available in 1/4 pitch here in the U.S., and the Pico to 1/4 conversion is to an 8-pin spur only. One other possibility might be to section a 7-pin lo-pro rim as sold by Ahlborn and place it onto the portion of the splined hub that extends beyond the rim. I presume the spline on the Archer rim/drum is the small 7 spline.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back