Chemical Sharpening

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chemical filing

If some of you guys take an entire chain apart sending 40 plus hours retooling it to make it faster by a machining process then I figuire you could refine it even better by using a chemical solution.

I would be suprised if racers have not considered this process for the cutters. Especially when a chain is only good for a few cuts.

Dipping your entire chain into this will cause on out of tolerance on the links. A dangerous combination.

if there was a way to only immerse the cutters and leave the links untouched then it makes sense. You could coat the links with a nuetraliser but it may not coat all surface areas and it is just more engineering than running a chain upside down in a couple mm of solution with only the cutters immersed.

I agree with you tony marks. I sell things to make a profit. Don't we all? I even throw in freebies when people get into a bidding war and pay a ridiculous price. In the ebay marketplace it is great when the competition gets a higher price for the same product. Why ? Because the person who lost out on the bid will be willing to buy the product somewhere at a higher price (than originally expected).

I agree about fairness. That is why I don't buy from a specific distributor when I found out they were selling at a much higher price to me than the competition. Even distributors have competition, and manufacturers when it comes down to it. And it not like we're in an monopoly or an oligopoly industry.

Only about 18% of Americans actually manufacture a product. The rest of us are service oriented. Gee how'd that happen?

Just because the acid would react on the rough parts of the chain doesn't mean you should use it, I was just saying it is possible.

I myself would not use it because acid corrodes ferrous metals and would likely raise hell with the chain joints. If you want a finer finish use a leather wheel and buffing compound.

Mark

Latest posts

Back