Chinese aftermarket carbs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D7g

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I was given a nice husky 61 rancher , after reading on this site about the potential for building a better platform , I'm curious if anyone has tried any of the aftermarket carbs. The saw has the tilotson 163 and if I switch over to a 262xp , 268 or even a 272 ill need the larger carb and intake. Thanks!

I'm fixing to order a one along with the purge bubble, fuel lines, air filter, spark plug, etc. for my hot rod Poulan. :chainsaw:
I'm also going to order an American made rebuild kit for the Walbro carburetor that's on it. If I screw it up, I'll still have the aftermarket carburetor. I'm not going to use it if I don't have to, but I am curious myself as to how they'll run...... just in case.

My dad always told me you get what you pay for, and can't trust the chi conscons

Have used quite a few on saws, weedwackers and a few other small engines (mowers, tractors, etc) without much trouble. Most were great right out the box, a few needed a bit of tuning.

Lol
The past 18 or so stihl oem
I've bought are china made.
I'm running 5 am carbs on china clone 372s and many other rebuilds.
No problems.
I did buy a couple of junk 017 and 025 am carbs
But overall good luck with them.
046 carb on a 290 does great.

It took one of them slant eyed made carbs to make my ole ms 250 run like a banshee!!!---Got one on homelite 33cc and one for homelite 46cc.---they probably don't care much bout quality control so you may strike out on some of them! thanks; sonny580

The one I ordered was a miss. Never again. They are cheap made.

Same here. It did work, until i adjusted the L needle and it was all downhill after that. I wound up tossing it in the garbage and ordering a real (zama) chinese carb :laugh:

I was given a nice husky 61 rancher , after reading on this site about the potential for building a better platform , I'm curious if anyone has tried any of the aftermarket carbs. The saw has the tilotson 163 and if I switch over to a 262xp , 268 or even a 272 ill need the larger carb and intake. Thanks!

There’s no converting a 61 to a 262xp. 266xp maybe, but not a 262xp.

When people say their Chinese carbs didn't work, it would be nice if they would provide details about why it wouldn't. Did it not respond to adjustments? Did they even try to adjust it or just expect it to work without adjustment? Were there internal defects in manufacture? Bad diaphragms? Just categorically labeling them as junk is not helpful.

When people say their Chinese carbs didn't work, it would be nice if they would provide details about why it wouldn't. Did it not respond to adjustments? Did they even try to adjust it or just expect it to work without adjustment? Were there internal defects in manufacture? Bad diaphragms? Just categorically labeling them as junk is not helpful.
Mine was on a Husky 455. It fell on it 's face trying to accelerate. Low was turned out against the limiter, didn't help. Top end was not there, leaned against the limiter. I suspect the timing was incorrect between the upper and lower butterflies. I wasn't going to troubleshoot a new carb, and I wasn't going to pull the limiters for fear of a non return item. Shouldn't have to troubleshoot a new carb. This came with a flimsy fuel line and cheapo fuel filter, along with an air filter that wouldn't even begin to fit the saw. I didn't order those items, so I didn't really care, they just threw them in. It did help me troubleshoot the saw which was a bad new chinese filter. I put a new Husky fuel filter on along with my rebuilt OEM carb and the saw is running fine. The chinese filter had a piece of plastic film over the screen acting as a check valve.
1.jpeg 7.jpeg 3.jpeg

The new ones I got do not have ANY limiter junk on them---They were made like old school carbs used to be.--Next ones I get better not have that junk on them, or they will go back!---The limit stuff is/was the cause of part of my problems on the 250! thanks; sonny580

Latest posts

Back