Chinese saw being advertised as USA made

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
romeo

romeo

Addicted to ArboristSite
There are always allot of claims of "born in the USA" around my neck of the woods, usually FALSE.

I wonder how many "liters of petrol" it runs per hour.:laugh:

Haywire Haywood

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
My question is this. Since they are not even attempting to cover the fact that they are blatant copies, what countries are allowing their import? Seems like even if China won't make them respect patents, other civilized countries would step in and stop them from being sold.

Ian

Last edited:
parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
My question is this. Since they are not even attempting to cover the fact that they are blatant copies, what countries are allowing their import? Seems like even if China won't make them respect patents, other civilized countries step in and stop them from being sold.

Ian

It seems allot of Chinese crap comes through Aus, I could be wrong but thats just my observation.

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
I saw a show last year, and talking with US customs I think, his excuse was they don't have the manpower to check everything???? WTF, I think if the originating place is China, it should be checked or sent back. Look at the huge toy recalls last year from china? Worrisome when you have kids playing with the stuff. You try to be careful on what you buy, sometimes you don't even know where the crap was made, they try their best to hide it.

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
We keep going to Harbor Freight Tools and buying these insanely cheap and inferior tools. I try to only buy things that have no moving parts. What is scary is that many of the ingredients that go into our food products and prescription drugs (!!!!!) come from China, where there is little or no control over quality or safety.

THE FAULT IS OURS THAT WE ENCOURAGE THIS BY BUYING CHINA-MADE ITEMS. WE ARE ADDICTED TO THE LOW PRICES AND ARE OBLIVIOUS TO THE GUTTING OF OUR ECONOMIC BASE AND IMMINENT SELF-DESTRUCTION. CHINA OWNS A HUGE PORTION OF OUR NATIONAL DEBT. IF AMERICANS STOPPED BUYING THIS STUFF (WHEN POSSIBLE), THE STUFF WOULD EVENTUALLY DISAPPEAR!!!

parrisw

parrisw

Tree Freak
We keep going to Harbor Freight Tools and buying these insanely cheap and inferior tools. I try to only buy things that have no moving parts. What is scary is that many of the ingredients that go into our food products and prescription drugs (!!!!!) come from China, where there is little or no control over quality or safety.

THE FAULT IS OURS THAT WE ENCOURAGE THIS BY BUYING CHINA-MADE ITEMS. WE ARE ADDICTED TO THE LOW PRICES AND ARE OBLIVIOUS TO THE GUTTING OF OUR ECONOMIC BASE AND IMMINENT SELF-DESTRUCTION. CHINA OWNS A HUGE PORTION OF OUR NATIONAL DEBT. IF AMERICANS STOPPED BUYING THIS STUFF (WHEN POSSIBLE), THE STUFF WOULD EVENTUALLY DISAPPEAR!!!

I totally agree!!!! Well said.

Goicoechea

Goicoechea

ArboristSite Member
Has anybody actually bought one of these desasters? I would be very curious to see the build quality under all that poorly stamped plastic. I would also love to hear about the performance.

stipes

stipes

Addicted to ArboristSite
The old sayin you pay for what you get....You couldnt give me one of them POS saws,,just to haul around with and use as dead weight....I'm a big,,,I mean big Mcculloch old school whor%....I was in my teens when my Dad,,he traded his Pro mac 55 to a new Stihl I about died cause it was a good saw,,but after we used the Stihl 028 we both never would go back cause thats when the mac's went plastic,,and the start of a down fall to a good company and name....To me,,,I think it's a slap in the face with the new Mcculloch's that is out there,,,just junk...My friend bought a Pouland last year and comin from Walmart,,that kinda says it all....I could cut 3 times as much wood with my Dad's old 028 and it being over a 20 year old saw...I hate that cheap crap they are tryin to pass upon us....

Metals406

Metals406

Granfodder Runningsaw
I've dealt with the parent company of "Max Power" products. . . . They operate out of California--Max Power is just one of their many brands of Chinese manufactured tools.

Call da company and ta'k wit dem. . . . Dey make many good tule long time.

teacherman

teacherman

Aging out of the insanity...
AS Supporting Member
Has anybody actually bought one of these desasters? I would be very curious to see the build quality under all that poorly stamped plastic. I would also love to hear about the performance.

Why? It is the chainsaw equivalent of the Yugo, without the uniqueness.
If we can overcome our addiction to cheap chinajunk, we may be able to continue as an English-speaking nation.

Watch out for ethylene glycol and melamine in your toothpaste.

gmax

Addicted to ArboristSite
I have a new Chinese generator, i did not buy it ,came with a caravan i bought.
Takes 10 pulls to start it, i changed the spark plug but its still hard to start.
Its just a pile of rubbish, i'm sure the chainsaws would be the same.

Paying $200 for a Chinese saw is false economy but thousands are being sold
in Australia on Ebay:confused:
I wonder how many people toss them in the bin after a few months then buy
a decent brand saw?