Chinese Stihl Knockoffs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FordGT40

USAF Flight School - 1987
Reaction score
East Hampen County, Western Massachusetts
I was going through some news links on the Web this morning and saw this embedded ad from a site called DHGate:
saw knockoff ad.JPG

It looked like a knock off and if you follow the link it looks like they are selling Chinese built Stihl knockoffs. If you poke around enough, you find they are, in fact, built in China but they do not go out of their way to advertise who manufactures it. Here is one of the images of the saw on the DHGate site:
stihl knockoff-r.jpg
I saw a listing for a CS 381 on the DHGate site so I figured I would do a web search of it. That led me to a site called Made-in-China that even uses the Stihl name in the ad. Wow. Here is an image of that one:
Stihl mad in China.JPG

Lots of luck with the purchase.

Ordered a Stihl copy from a sponsored seller on FB. Received an official looking acknowledgement with a tracking number. The tracking number was bogus. After 30days and no response from the seller PayPal refunded my payment in full.

Reported to FB about their sponsored scam listings...no response.

Lots of luck with the purchase.

Ordered a Stihl copy from a sponsored seller on FB. Received an official looking acknowledgement with a tracking number. The tracking number was bogus. After 30days and no response from the seller PayPal refunded my payment in full.

Reported to FB about their sponsored scam listings...no response.
Oh, I didn't have any intention of making a purchase. I stay far away from these gray market sites. What I did do was send a note to Stihl regarding the ad using their name.

Everybody knows that the Chinese make a fortune stealing patented designs from Stihl and other companies. We are aiding them every time we make a purchase. It's hard to not use their products because of our companies' price gouging, it's become even worse this year.

Latest posts

Back