Chipmoore chippers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TDunk

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I found this older chipper for sale. Looks to be in the late 80's early 90's and in really good shape. It has a 12 head and ford 300-6. I don't really nead a chipper, but the price is right and it looks in pretty good shape, but i've never heard of "chipmoore" before, can anybody tell me if these machines are good, or are they a POS. thanks

I have one of those... It is a chuck and duck, and can hurt ya. But I gota say it is so simple ya gota love it. Knives are available still, but the company is gone away. I think it was the brother of the asphlund guy and he coppied that design.

Mine has the 300/6 and with sharp knives with a tad bit more clerance than it should have between the knife and the bottom plate I can chip a 4" tree with no drama at full throttle. At 6" it starts to bog a little, I will do it if it is not to long.

What kinda $$ are you talkin here?

chippersmall.jpg

Last edited:
The guy wanted between $2500 and $3000 for it. It has an extra set of knives and looks to be in pretty good shape from the pics. But he had no idea how many hours were on it.

I would not give over $2,500.00 if I were you. That way you have a little room if you have to replace a governer, drum bearings, etc.

The guy wanted between $2500 and $3000 for it. It has an extra set of knives and looks to be in pretty good shape from the pics. But he had no idea how many hours were on it.

Around here that is a steal... IF you can find one. I know of companies with huge gear that still want these for the jobs where they dont want to mash the yards.

That sounds just like the one I run. Man I love the feed rate. I picked mine up with a bad head , shaved the head honed the cylinders. Less than 2,000. I dont know the set up of yours but the fan on mine sucks air through the rad. with picks up tons of **** so I hose it out after every use. This is what I think caused the head to warp so make sure you keep it clean. Also these things love pine 4/6" 15/20' just as fast as you can get them in the drum.

That sounds just like the one I run. Man I love the feed rate. I picked mine up with a bad head , shaved the head honed the cylinders. Less than 2,000. I dont know the set up of yours but the fan on mine sucks air through the rad. with picks up tons of **** so I hose it out after every use. This is what I think caused the head to warp so make sure you keep it clean. Also these things love pine 4/6" 15/20' just as fast as you can get them in the drum.

+1 on the cleaning fins thing, we've lost a radiator twice, the radiator guy said mulch is rotting out the copper because we never clean the fins. Also blocked fins will overheat your chipper. As a side note, the flat screens over the radiators are a pita, have to keep an eye one them they block up every 10min on some species of tree's. I'd replace with corrugated screen like the CAT screen on morbarks. Never need to clean corrugated screen, unless you chip aspestos.

Latest posts

Back