Chipmore Chipper Help?!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BackWoodsHunter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey guys I bought this older chipper a month or so ago. I've been tinkering with it and getting the different parts I believe it needs. Far as I can tell its an older chipmore. I replaced the knives with 12" knives and when I replaced them I opened the access door to the drum on top of the chipper and there was a small bar inside the housing. The edge on it was kind of messed up but we got the gap pretty close. Today I was messing with the chipper some more and I unbolted the chute and tilted it back on itself and accessed the drum from the other side where I noticed the bar we used to set our gap, was loose. I can't seem to get it any tighter and the edge of it is pretty banged up. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what this piece is called, what it's purpose is, and where I can get a new one? Here are a few pictures where I am pointing to the bar in question.20140414_184011.jpg 20140414_184023.jpg

That bar is a gauge for setting the blades. They do get demolished over time. You would need to fabricated one if you want to replace it.

Can I just run without it? Or leave it in there if its worn unevenly? I set the gap of my knives to that bar but its worn unevenly, then I flipped the chute back and notice one side of the bar is loose so my gap probably isn't right anyways. How do I gap them properly if this gauge is all messed up?

Yes, you can run without it. Its just there to adjust the blades. However you will then need to find a different way to do that.

Yes but I can't remember the particulars. You'r just going to have to figure it out just like everything else.

Latest posts

Back