• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Chipper 15-18" Bandit or equal

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greenclimber

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am looking to buy my first chipper. Bandit would be nice. I'm still not sure of the advantage of a drum VS disc. Someone told me drum is better and saves fuel. Someone else told me disc is better, and faster. Then there is size. I don't know if larger is better or worse. Some people say that the larger ones break down more often because larger stuff is going into them... I would think that they are designed for large stuff...

My buddy that I contracted with has an 18" disc 280XP and it was great to use. My other buddy that I contracted had an underpowered slow 8" chipper and it made us wait around. I'm not a very big company. Actually I'm just a one man show at the moment.

I was thinking:
250xp 12"
255xp 15"
280xp 18"

There is a 1991 150xp locally for $7500 that just got a rebuilt engine, but I feel like that might be to small, and for a little bit more I'd want to get the extra strength of a 250xp...

Open to offers, advice, and suggestions.

Back