CHipper help.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhuffnmu

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have a 01 Bandit 250 and the feed wheels at the end of the day just quit. They move but very slowly. I also cannot raise the feedwheel yoke. I am getting 2500 rpms so that is fine but it sounds like I have lost pressure in the hydraulic system. So I look in the manual and it says that is one option and they say to screw in the hey head plug tht is on the feedwheel control valve. I have looked and looked and I can not find this at all. There is no hex head on the feedwheel control valve. Has anyone had this problem before and what did you do to solve this? My feed wheels just turn very very slowly.

i could be wrong but it sounds like your autofeed is messing with you, try checking the calibration or removing the fuse from it and see if you get the feedwheels to drive, if you remove the fuse then it works you,ll pin the problem down to the autofeed settings or a defective unit

pressure relief valve

take out the hex head plug and the adjusted is looking at you. I wouldn't mess with that first though, shut off your autofeed and see if your feed wheels start moving faster. If so its the module inside the engine cover. Later models incorporated this into the tach. itself.(great when it works and a PITA when it craps out)

Latest posts

Back