Choosing a Photo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm determined to enter a photo or two in an "Arts" festival. I talked to a guy who enters and he said logging pictures have not ever been entered that he knew of. It is a "Mountain Arts Festival".

Here's what I have narrowed down to. Sorry about the size. I have yet to figure out how to shrink them well on this new computer. They'll be 8x10 for the exhibit, which is in October but the entries need to be in this month.

I'm thinking this one is a go.
attachment.php

This one, I don't think so, but I kind of like it.
attachment.php

I like these two. The jack one seems cheery to me.
There's a chaser in full stride that can be seen on a bigger print.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Whaddaya think?

In my experience, there are two different types of people in this world...

There are those who are "mechanical", like to fix things, get their hands dirty, play in the mud, etc.

Then there are those who can't fix a thing to save their lives and are not interested in these things. (Like the "preppy" dressed man in his 20's I saw the other day on the side of the road with his wife who had called AAA to change the flat tire on their Escalade SUV!)

Anyway it is the latter group in my experience which tends to frequent art exhibits. And they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So I'm wondering if these "beholders" would be very interested in anything "mechanical" or not?

Now being a "mechanical" type myself, I think the most cool picture is the 3rd with the sky car. [Translation for the young'uns: Cool = sick]

Last pic looks good,

I think you need to get one that encases the agony and hardship that goes with the job,(someone working their asss off)

the artsy folks like pain in the art. .
I learned that at school last spring....

I still think #4.

It inspires the looker to wonder what the two loggers are thinking about,

again going on what i learned around the artsy fartys Oregon yuppies...

I guess the title for that one could be, "Two Loggers pondering cheese.":)

I believe at the time, inefficient speech may have been occurring. The snow was pretty deep.

Last edited:
Back