Christmas Cookies 2021

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can make crinkle cookies without a candy thermometer. They are very festive and wicked good. I usually use the recipe from Cooks Ill. It’s a bit fussy but worth it.

CHOCOLATE CRINKLE COOKIES recipe | Epicurious.com

You can also make them in lemon which again, look festive and they are not such a heavy cookie.

Lemon Crinkle Cookies Recipe | Allrecipes

Best chocolate chip cookies ever. Crispy not chewy. Super good recipe but you might need a stand mixer unless you have a good arm. Use high quality chocolate chips and you can thank me later for this one.

Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe - The Kitchen Magpie

If Santa does bring you a candy thermometer, try the bourbon salted caramels. Good course sea salt or kosher/pretzel salt is a must. They are a dentist’s best friend but amazingly popular. Just be careful when working with molten sugar. It’s just like napalm. Keep cold water within arm’s reach.

Salted Bourbon Caramels Recipe (thekitchenpaper.com)

homemade xmas cookies
P1010012.JPG
P1010013.JPG
P1010014.JPG
P1010015.JPG

Fruit in cookies is always optional. Another really good recipe.

1 stick of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp orange zest
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup toasted sesame seeds

Preheat oven to 350°F. Meanwhile, arrange parchment or Silpat liners on three cookie sheets. In a mixer bowl, cream the butter with all ingredients except flour and seeds.

When butter mixture is smooth, add the flour and seeds; mix until incorporated. Note that this is a sticky dough.

Drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet using a teaspoon-sized scoop that has been sprayed with cooking spray or buttered. Place 12 dropped cookies on each sheet leaving room for expansion.

Bake, until golden, approximately 9-10 minutes. When taken from the oven, allow the cookies to remain on the sheet for about 5 minutes, as they will be too delicate to move. Transfer to a cooling rack.

Nice!
Would love to have your fudge recipe. I don't think I've ever made any.
What is that last one in the baggie?
that is the killer! all the xmas cookies rate 10+ !!! :numberone:

but that bag is a solid 20-rising...

cinnamon pecans! to die for!!! eat one, and you can barely stop the rush(es) of sugar and how it tempts for another. so good would easily be fine for someone with ambition to start up a candy co and make a product line out of it and varieties. didn't last 3 days! but i tried... lol

Apparently, not finished yet. :p
Made these this morning before work
View attachment 950622
My own original creation, a multi-national cookie, using a Japanese moon cake mold, German Springerle dough, and Sicilian fig filling. Based on the Middle eastern Maamoul cookie.
TO DIE FOR GOOD!
:happybanana::dancing:
impressive!, chef....

Back