Christmas gifts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iacornfed

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
What did everyone get for Christmas? I ordered a 618 woodmaster planer/molder/ sander. Made in K.C. Mo. . I should have received it the friday before Christmas. I guess weather is slowing down deliveries. Now i have to build a new barn to set it up in, along with my logosol csm!! Same old story. The toy is cheap conpared with the accessories:jawdrop:. Luckily it's my wifes idea! I will post the all important pics when it arrives:) :rock:

iacornfed,

What kind of Logosol mill do you have? I started with TimberJig in May 2005 and upgraded to Woodworkers Mill in July 2006.

Ted

Christmas Gift

I received a beam machine, Granberg chain bar filing system, PFERD 5/32 and 7/32files, PFERD chamfer file, and a few other goodies! Time to get busy and my chains and bars.

Nothing related to my chainsaws, mills or woodshop. To be honest, I almost prefer it that way. Unless I tell somebody exactly what to get, and then it's not really a Christmas present, most really don't know enough about this stuff to buy the right thing. Not complaining, it's just the nature of the beast. Like most of us, I am particular about my saw mix, bar oil, brand and type of chain etc... and thus prefer to use what I know works for me. It's the same thing in the woodshop. There are router bits... and then there are router bits that rout extremely well with no vibration and a clean cut and that I will still be using years from now. Double the cost, but 5 times the wear with better results from the start. You get the picture.

I bought myself a new to me MS660. Runs like a top and a lot better back-up to the 084 then my o64. A lot more low end grunt. I am going to try to steal the dual port muffler off the o64 and put it on the 660. I looked for quite a while, not too many people bidding right befor Cmass.

I bought me two saws and two grinders. My wife bought me one of those new craftsman things that has two blades spinning in opposite directions and can cut most anything. I haven't tried it yet. I guess I like to cut things.

it wasn't really a christmas gift...just a-because gift around christmas time....my husband saw a used 011AVT Stihl sitting at a Stihl dealer and the baby runs like a champ!! Has a 16 inch bar on it and the thing cuts smooth and it is a little bigger than the MS210 he bought me a few months ago....and the cool thing was that it had a chainbreak on it, which my old 020 stihl did not have....so safe cutting for me with my new/used saw!:clap:

My G/F and mom pitched in to get me the GB 36" chainsaw mill I wanted. I haven't ordered it yet, but it shouldn't be too long...lol

Must have been good this decade, mom and the wife got me a 2001 F-250 SD 5.4L 4x4 supercab, and two extra booster seats for the kids to come along. Oh yeah, it's black.

Gift to myself was a 44" G&B CSM that bolts to the powerhead.
Stihl 075 w/ 42" bar and ripping chain from WHS.(USPS is taking to long to get it here though.)

tawilson said:
I bought me two saws and two grinders. My wife bought me one of those new craftsman things that has two blades spinning in opposite directions and can cut most anything. I haven't tried it yet. I guess I like to cut things.

I have one of those Craftsman twin blades and it will cut about anything. Little slow on wood, but cuts metal and concrete board like paper. The down side is the replacement blade price, if they ever need replacing.:popcorn:

dingo said:
I have one of those Craftsman twin blades and it will cut about anything. Little slow on wood, but cuts metal and concrete board like paper. The down side is the replacement blade price, if they ever need replacing.:popcorn:
The manual tells how many cuts or how many feet of material you can cut, so that got me looking on the Sears site for replacement blade cost, and I couldn't find them. Do you know how much $$$ for a set?

tawilson said:
The manual tells how many cuts or how many feet of material you can cut, so that got me looking on the Sears site for replacement blade cost, and I couldn't find them. Do you know how much $$$ for a set?

At the time I purchased my twin blade saw it was 50 dollars for replacement blades, but that was two years ago and I have never had to replace them.

Latest posts

Back