Christmas Giveaway - Arborist Site Decal Giveaway

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arbor1

Administrator
Staff member
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thought we would have a little giveaway for the Holiday season.

Prizes

We will be giving away Supporting Membership which includes two Arborist Site decals to 5 winners.

1701724903776.png

How to Enter
  • Reply to this thread with one of your best/most interesting/funny Holiday memories. It can be 1 word or it can be a whole story.
Drawing
  • This Friday I will randomly select 5 winners and contact them directly.
Go!

Not many recent happy memories for me since I've lost so many dear ones recently due largely to the depopulations shots. The Hurricane of a year ago, Ian, and the storm surge wiped out about everything I owned including my five chainsaws and charter boat but here's the happy part of the story. This would be my 42nd year as a charter Captain / fishing guide but my boat was destroyed as well as the Island where I ran my charters (Sanibel). A long time (35 years) friend and fishing client bought me a brand new Stihl MS-171 just two weeks ago when he learned that I was trying to save any of my saws that got submerged in the flood so I can take care of the trees which need work each year here. He was an angel when I needed one. Merry Christmas to all.

I think it was 86 I had a house that I picked up needing tons of work and found myself at the Newly opened Home Depot everyday from opening day. I was married and my wife was usually with me the place was open 24 hrs. So when Christmas came around we were getting short on funds. We drove a VW bug convertible when we didn't need a truck. The people there knew us and one of the workers we saw probably everyday he worked asked if we had a tree. I said we hadn't had time to get one and things were tight so no tree for us. As we were leaving he followed us out and told us to drop the top. He popped a nice looking tree into the backseat and presented us with a wrapped bottle of wine. I know I have had many great Christmases in my life but that one took me completely by surprise and helped a lot with keeping spirits up

My kids like to tell the story of how I fell out of a tree twice in the same day! Nothing like having a job close by where the family can come out and enjoy the show, all at my expense! Nothing really exciting for me, just reaching out a bit too far and losing my grip at just the right moment to end up swinging like a pendulum, then having to slide down on the rope and climb up just to repeat it five minutes later. They thought it was funny! I just kind of shrug my shoulders and am happy to have the family around for Christmas.
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

Have had quite a few good ones. The best I'd have to say was after we all had kids and everyone managed to show up to mom and dad's place for Christmas, I'd guess about 5 years ago now. My grandma and grandpa were there, mom, dad, us 3 boys(and wives) and our 5 kids. Grandpa passed away the spring after and life kinda gets in the way anymore. Always love when my whole family can get together over the holidays.

The warmth of family and friends has always been a joy in this season. Everyone of them special; they all stand out as treasures because the value these people hold in the heart.

This thanksgiving quite a number of us gathered together and ... well a dear friend had dry rubbed some organic grass fed ham and then cherry wood smoked it for a day. Best ham ever.

Hello all of you!!! Wish you a merry christmas and happy new year 2024. Hope this new year will be a lot better than previous ones. Be safe and have fun!!!

Growing up my mom would make a special pastry for Christmas morning and color the frosting/glaze red and green. I absolutely loved it. As an adult, I now know the recipe and it's like 99% butter and that knowledge kinda ruins it for me. I can't help thinking I'm just taking a bite out of a stick of butter.

I woul
Our daughter is 24.
Only found out from her a couple of years ago that from the age of about 10 she would unwrap her presents at about 2am,then re tape them back up.
Had to have the surprised look on her face when she opened them Christmas morning.
The little b$#@h lol.
I would do the exact same thing and tell my other 5 siblings what they would be getting🤣🤣🤣

Best Christmas prank i pulled on my younger cousin, My G&G would have Christmas at their house around new year's and all the uncles & Aunts, and the cousins would all exchange names, well I got one of my younger cousins. Well, I had a Coca Cola singing bear given to me in high school, so I wrapped it up in a big box, and when my cousin opened it and pulled it out, everyone started laughing, even his mom, well he was not a happy camper, He was trying not to cry, being a 6'4" teenager, I guess he didn't want that LOL. so, after a few minutes of him thinking that is all he got, I gave him His real present. and it was all better LOL. But 23 yrs later He still remember it LOL.

My fondest Christmas memories was Christmas dinner at my Grandparents.
We lost my Grandfather in 2001 when I was 18 years old. (Cancer sucks!)
My sweet Grandma kept on going and made Christmas dinner every year for me and my brother and cousins.
She passed away 2 years ago at 94 years old and I think I spent every Single Christmas of my life at Grandmas house.

My wife took over making Christmas dinner for the family and is doing a great job of carrying the torch! She's a great cook and a kind and gracious host.

One early Christmas morn I was awakened by a crazed creature going into labor with our first born. I threw on my clothes and opened the sash to find no sleigh but 10 inches of new snow fall. After I dug out our old sedan and loaded the missus, we found no deer tracks on the long lane but a large tree had fallen across it during this night of miracles. So up with my trusty ax I went to remove it but before long I was getting nowhere and the wife was in a snit . What do I do now I asked in a prayer, and the answer came ' go see your neighbor the chainsaw nut ' over there. Quick as a flash off I dashed to see the later, and wake him no matter. So he stihl in his cap and I carrying his husky poulan attacked that tree and made open the lane. Needless to say we made it to the hospital in time and named our fine newborn Chris . And guess what I also got later that day...a brand new shindaiwa a gift that keeps giving to this very day... Enjoy the Reason for the Season and see the pic of the first tree I cut for my best friend Ray.

Attachments

• IMG_1908.JPG
    IMG_1908.JPG
    541.1 KB · Views: 2
A few years back I had a couple buddies over for a little Christmas party, and one of them made the claim that they could drink two 2 liter soda bottles in one sitting. So you know what we had to do…

We went out and bought two different sodas, made sure to get those orange creamsicle soda, they see to have a lot of carbonation.

We came back with the soda and our friend somehow drank an entire 2L in like 5 minutes, then only got maybe an 1/8 of the other bottle down! Needless to say he did not feel well after that and ended up throwing up a volcano of orange creamsicle in the trash can….

We all knew there was no way he would be able to get both 2 liters empty because apparently the human stomach has a capacity of around 3.7 L so his stomach probably would have burst if he had tried to get it all down!! 😂😂

Latest posts

Back