Christmas Giving 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time ever I am about to unveil Bastardized Work Saws Patent Pending heated handle.

This is proprietary here, one of you will be the first to own it.

image.jpeg

Disclaimer: Saw not included, nor the propane tank or anything else you may spot on the floor

image.jpeg

Lombard patch.

DDave was gratuitous enough to give a huge doughnation to the GTG I hosted this past summer (large box full of stuff's). I'm digging through my shop and finding things that were leftover that guys have not called Dibz on.

For the first time ever I am about to unveil Bastardized Work Saws Patent Pending heated handle.

This is proprietary here, one of you will be the first to own it.

View attachment 465952

Disclaimer: Saw not included, nor the propane tank or anything else you may spot on the floor
I'm not sure I'll stop laughing! An engineering feet, simply awesome!

I have this China special tank/handle for a 066/660 (or so I was told when I got it). It is how I received it in a trade. One of the carb studs is missing. Fuel line is in it with the filter. I do not think it was ever installed on anything. If you need it, claim it!IMG_20151201_215447871_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20151201_215447871_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20151201_215447871_HDR.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 44
I don't have as much cool stuff as you guys, but in the Christmas spirit, here goes:

2-part transmission flush/conditioner. No idea how this works:
image.jpeg

Two 041 coils. One is for the SEM ignition. The other is (I think?) for Bosch. No guarantees.

image.jpeg

Generic Stihl Elastostart ripoff pull cord. 4.5mm. Ask me how I know it's 4.5mm and not 3.5mm. :-/
image.jpeg

A Zama W7C carb. Needs kit, I'm sure. No idea what it came off of.
image.jpeg

Two sets (only 1 set shown, but I have two sets/pairs) of generic Chinese flippycaps!!

image.jpeg

Ok.. like others, I'm low on saw stuff but I do have a little time and some rookie talents.

To this thread I offer square sharpening of up to 252 DL of 3/8 chain. The angles will be what I use as a work angle in the south east. That should get you 3 loops of 20",3 of 24/25" or 2 loops at 32", etc. .050,.058,.063 makes no difference. I'll clean the gullets and set the rakers at 0.025"

Now I've offered chain sharpening in the past and I have to offer a few guidelines:
- No frozen links or heavily rusted chains.
-If you send a chain that has lots of varying lengths of cutters, I'm going to even them up and then square them and you'll loose some cutter length. Same goes for "rocked" chains.. I can fix it but like any other sharpening, you are loosing the length.
-I can NOT square semi-chisel chain, chisel cutters only; LGX , RS, etc.
-Ship them to me in a small flat rate box USPS, I'll sharpen in 14 days (I have a very busy job and a family..shop time is hard to get) and I'll pay postage back.

In the spirit of the thread, I'd like this to go to someone that has NOT received a gift yet.. contact me via PM and I'll post back when it's claimed.

Some recent chains:
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/23/a8bee67f00423c07a18624951cb7ee99.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/23/dad1dd0fd2fc6193887dfffe508df320.jpg
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/11/23/a8bee67f00423c07a18624951cb7ee99.jpg
Maybe next year you could create a tutorial on how you do this. Like the ole adage Give a man a meal he can eat for a day teach him to fish he will never grow hungry. Square filing is one of many items on my bucket list. Your offer defines your character well. THANsK 'n Merry Christmas

Just went and checked, and the saw I had in mind is 77cc, but it's not an L77. It's a 480CD. I think a few years newer?

Any chance they share the same parts for the oiler? I looked in our main "go to" parts book for Husqvarnas and gave up. The book fell apart years ago and apparently only our mechanic and the shop owner can figure out how it's "organized"

Also very possible we do have L77 parts, but I could spend a solid week digging in the sheds and shelves and no be able to go through everything.

@ValleyFirewood Your the man! Thank you very much.

Joe

I did also find either a 440 or 460 crank/jug/case 1/2s. 1128 series. The fins on the jug are at an angle. Both my 460s are straight across.
Ideas?

Just went and checked, and the saw I had in mind is 77cc, but it's not an L77. It's a 480CD. I think a few years newer?

Any chance they share the same parts for the oiler? I looked in our main "go to" parts book for Husqvarnas and gave up. The book fell apart years ago and apparently only our mechanic and the shop owner can figure out how it's "organized"

Also very possible we do have L77 parts, but I could spend a solid week digging in the sheds and shelves and no be able to go through everything.

I did also find either a 440 or 460 crank/jug/case 1/2s. 1128 series. The fins on the jug are at an angle. Both my 460s are straight across.
Ideas?

I'll call dibs on 440/460 with the angle fins if your gifting it. I pretty sure that means it is 10 mm wrist pin when the fins are angled.

Angled fins also came on early 12mm saws and many AM jugs are angled as well.
Thanks. I'm still new to the game. Learn something new everyday. This is best forum I've ever been on. Lots of knowledge and people don't mind to share it.

Maybe next year you could create a tutorial on how you do this. Like the ole adage Give a man a meal he can eat for a day teach him to fish he will never grow hungry. Square filing is one of many items on my bucket list. Your offer defines your character well. THANsK 'n Merry Christmas
I think you got the saying wrong...
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll sit in a boat and drink all day...

Start by finding a grinder, extra stones, and lots of loops of chain you are going to ruin. Start grinding and moving everything around so you see the difference. Pull your hair out...get mad and walk away for months at a time.

Square is something I still don't think I understand, but I have decent results and those who have run my chain like it. Learning square is trial by fire but every grinder does different. I can't explain it but what works for me won't work for Bob or George. People have watched me run my grinder...they can't and I don't change a thing.

80ee9a42d6bf96257a317f7a58dbfbc2.jpg
9604e97d89fbcdea47e3ac5d9a9d6431.jpg

I should also point out I've never filed and do not own a square file. Compared to round files they are expensive and they do not last long from what I'm told. I would gladly teach square if I felt I understood. If anyone has direct questions, the grinder I'm using is an RS2 and send me a PM and I'll try to help.

Now back to the Christmas sharing!

SEXXXY!!!

Currently up for the claiming - Farmertec MS461 new cylinder/piston kit - available

Farmertec Husqvarna style new case splitter - CLAIMED
splitter is 4 pounds so despite being able to buy them wholesale for $28.00, they then cost me another $28.00 to import from China, by the time I get the customs fees, postage to customer and Ebay fees, it is probably as much $ as getting OEM from the H dealer :(
These seem larger than the standard H splitter and are beefy, but I have never tried one I like the Stihl splitter/installer myself better.
If you are outside the USA I will expect you to pick up the shipping to get it to you, it is 4 pounds without a box.

PLEASE!!! send me a conversation before going to Ebay to buy your lint, I now have 5 guys on the LINT-LIST, and I am trying to find out what they claimed. I really didn't think about the fact that after someone gets their info in the shipping system I still don't know who they are here on Arboristsite <DOH> so please, please, please include a note on Ebay telling me who you are. Also please only buy one lint, unless you need to build a firestarter and have a bit of wax on hand already.
Dave

Ideas?

Thanks for trying, I will do a little digging and see if I can determine if a 480 part will cross over.

Thanks,
Joe

SEXXXY!!!

Currently up for the claiming - Farmertec MS461 new cylinder/piston kit - available

Farmertec Husqvarna style new case splitter - CLAIMED
splitter is 4 pounds so despite being able to buy them wholesale for $28.00, they then cost me another $28.00 to import from China, by the time I get the customs fees, postage to customer and Ebay fees, it is probably as much $ as getting OEM from the H dealer :(
These seem larger than the standard H splitter and are beefy, but I have never tried one I like the Stihl splitter/installer myself better.
If you are outside the USA I will expect you to pick up the shipping to get it to you, it is 4 pounds without a box.

PLEASE!!! send me a conversation before going to Ebay to buy your lint, I now have 5 guys on the LINT-LIST, and I am trying to find out what they claimed. I really didn't think about the fact that after someone gets their info in the shipping system I still don't know who they are here on Arboristsite <DOH> so please, please, please include a note on Ebay telling me who you are. Also please only buy one lint, unless you need to build a firestarter and have a bit of wax on hand already.
Dave
Dave, I'll take the splitter off your hands and I'll gladly pay shipping. You are too generous.

Latest posts

Back