circulating pump size

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sstan

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok .. brain picking time .. dreaming of summer and using the OWB to heat my swimming pool. I picked up a HX and looks like I now will need a bigger pump. My current run is 100' (200 total including return) to the house exchanger .. the pool will be an additional 100' making it a 200' (400 counting return). My current pump is too small .. so I have been told to look for a taco 0013 or B&G PL36 ... is there any other brand comparable that I should keep my eye out for? As everyone in these times I am looking for a deal!!

thanks,
Steve

From you description, you need a pump that will deliver an adequate flow rate against the higher pump head associated with that longer piping run.

Check out the pump performance curves at taco's web site. You will need to know the pump flow rate that you need and the approximate pump head (discharge pressure) that your system produces. Look at the pump performance curve and the right pump will stand out.

The 0013 and 0011 look like good choices for your application.

Lou Braun

What size are the HX's?
How many fittings, etc?
1" PEX=6 ft. head/100'...rule of thumb.
Also...take a look at the new Grundfos var. speed pumps.

Back