Clamp on pallet forks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

300zx_tt

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hey guys,
Considering getting a set of the Titan clamp on pallet forks. My uncle had an old rusty no name set on his old Deere. Seemed ok, definitely sketchy with more than a ton on them. These look sturdier. I doubt I'll ever have more than 1,500 lbs on them though. Anybody else run clamp on forks?

Anybody have anything bad to say about these?!?
https://www.palletforks.com/clamp-o...MI6Kuj1NTv2QIVBEOGCh22rwTaEAQYAiABEgKkAfD_BwE

IMG_0865.JPG IMG_0862.JPG IMG_0860.JPG

These are the ones I tried for our John Deere 3020. They are heavy duty, very well built. But the hydraulics on our tractor was not strong enough to pick anything up with them. You have to realize that these will push your load center a lot farther out from the tractor then the tractor was designed to handle. They came with that yellow adjustable bar which which was supposed to help hold the backs of them together. Bent that all to hell the first time we used it. Also realize that if your bucket is a little bent on the front lip, your forks won't be at the same level at the tips. Could be almost impossible to pick up a pallet. Paints not even worn off these, just sitting in the shed collecting dust.

My one and only experience with clamp on forks was enough for me to know I do not want them. I borrowed a set from my neighbor to load some small pallets of cement blocks I use for counterweight in my truck for plowing. They are very difficult to see when you are in the tractor seat. Like stated above, the load is pushed out further. I guess it all depends what you are going to do with them. I have decided a dedicated set of forks and a grapple are in my future.

I agree with the others. I would opt for either a set of 3 pt forks which can be had for about $200, or save up and get a real set of pallet forks.

Does your tractor have quick attach capability?

Tractor is a ford 1841 d. Rear wheel weights and filled rear tires. The bucket lip is straight as an arrow. I won't be moving palettes with it, I'm going to use it for moving my slabs.

Tractor doesn't have a quick attachment set up on it

I'm guessing you have either the 712 or 720 loader on that machine. Your full height lift capacity should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000-2500 lbs. For moving slabs of wood I think clamp on forks would work fine. The visibility wont be too good, but the weight being further out I don't think will be a huge issue as long as the slabs are not humungous and are kept in close to the bucket.

I'm guessing you have either the 712 or 720 loader on that machine. Your full height lift capacity should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 2000-2500 lbs. For moving slabs of wood I think clamp on forks would work fine. The visibility wont be too good, but the weight being further out I don't think will be a huge issue as long as the slabs are not humungous and are kept in close to the bucket.

Yes sir, model 712. Original specs says it's got a 3100lb lift capacity. I'm thinking with 2-4 slabs at 200-350 lbs each id be fine. Just don't want to spend $160 if it's not going to work

As others have said.
Visibility is a bit of an issue if moving pallets or something you need more accuracy on. I will tip mine forward so that I can see them and then line them up and then lower them as I move forward into the pallet or between a couple logs. Using this method you cam have a problem with overhead clearance in some situations.
They are definitively farther from the pin which does limit the weight you can lift with them as does the way they hook onto the bucket. One nice thing about that is that it will give you some extra reach which helps a lot when you want to load a trailer from one side. Another thing that can be helpful is that because the tips are so far from the pin the hydraulics will make them move very fast and can be useful for things such as flicking a log you don't want out of the way, but it can be hard depending on the tractor to be precise because of this too.
The one thing I like the least about min is that they move a lot no matter how tight you tighten them. I think if you made a wider bracket where they hit the front of the bucket that would help greatly, but I've not tried it or seen anyone who has.
The other major dislike is that because I have a small tractor they severely limit the load I can carry using them.
If I was moving a lot of pallets I would get a dedicated fork setup and I would want them to be long for the reach.
If I had a set of forks that I could get on the cheap or free(mine came with my little L3800) then I would do what I could with them, and I've done a lot with mine even though I'm not a fan and would advise against them in most instances if they are not cheap or free.
Hope that helps, let us know what you do, pictures required :picture: :).

Welp, I ordered them. $155 shipped to the door. I'll see how they work, I might try and weld a bar between the two forks,since I'm not using them for pallets, it'll keep them from racking side to side.

We'll see. Might have tossed $150 but as the saying goes, "gotta risk it for the biscuit"

Latest posts

Back