Clark 666C Coolant Leak??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coxy74

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there all,

I have a interesting one, just wondering if anyone out there has had the same problem.

The other day when dragging up hill, coolant starting to leak out of somewhere,it leaked out and sprayed out over my right shin, from behind the panels that covers the throttle area, ( if you know what i mean?? )

When I got to the top of the hill, it stopped leaking? when I got back to the skid, I pulled the side panels off to see if I could see where this leak was coming from, but nothing. Went back and did another drag, and same thing, only leaked when facing up hill?? Going down hill, no leak, along the flat, no leak??

So, has anyone one had this same thing, or might know what could be causing this??

Thanks

Paul

Perhaps a very fine crack or very small hole in a coolant line or cylinder head? Increased stress on the motor during the uphill drag and/or increased rpms when pulling uphill would increase pressure both in the motor and coolant lines and may explain why it only leaks/sprays under that circumstance? Just my theory so it may be completely wrong.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Same revs are used all the time, up hill, along the flats, so if it was going to do it, wouldn't it do it all the time??

Thanks

Latest posts

Back