Clean up with new Echo/Redmax back blowers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevintree

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all

After prunimg 12 trees today, we (2men)
spent 35 minutes raking up small twigs/branchs. Could one of the new powerful blowers saved time by blowing into pile/gutter
TIA
Kevin

The blowers are good for sawdust and chips. Not very good for small twigs in the grass. I believe that Murphy likes to use a gas powered broom for raking large areas on occasion.

The echo PB 650 backpack or similar high horshe power blower will absolutely be a big help on clean up of rakings...you gotta pick up all the big stuff and there are a lot of factors like hieght of grass etc... Sometimes the rakes stay in the truck and the blower is all you need... anything short of the high horse backpack is a waste oif time though... We do carry the smaller handheld
PB 210E for tighter areas, roofs, bushes etc..

And the power broom works well to under the right conditions though some people don't like 'em much

stihl

I use the stihl 420, some claim they're not as powerful as the other, but I like mine just fine. I have a good relationship with the stihl dealer, so stihl it is. If it weren't stihl I'd get the redmax. They are defenite time savers, and larger items than most would think.

blowers

redmax blowers are the best IMO, the new 8000 series is great, i suggest usin a ground/push blower with another man on the back pack, when doing large commericial landscape accounts we can move just about anything with that combo

Re: stihl

Originally posted by bottlefed89
I use the stihl 420, some claim they're not as powerful as the other, but I like mine just fine. I have a good relationship with the stihl dealer, so stihl it is. If it weren't stihl I'd get the redmax. They are defenite time savers, and larger items than most would think.
And the BR320's are fine too.

Redmax 7001. Or the new 8000 if you're a masochist. I blow sticks and twigs etc. all the the time with mine and it'll blow stuff out of grass too. Anything less is a waste of time and money.

Back