Cleaning up the forest

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mtngun,

I'd look into buying aviation gas or check into a marina if there is one near you. Failing that get some stabil for ethanol gas - especially if you depend on your gas storage. Stabil works for me in my generator as long as 9 months.

But if you can lose the ethanol DO IT!

For the last pass or two, the log is not strong enough to support my weight, . . .
Normally I fasten the guide rail with a single screw at each end of the log, but sometimes for the last pass, I will add a 3rd screw in the middle of the log, to keep it from flexing.

Thanks.

I was thinking that maybe you either blocked it up from underneath, or flipped the last part over onto some of the cut boards for support.

Philbert

I purchase fuel by the barrel for the woodhauler because it seldom leaves pavement and it's a 4 - 5 hour round trip to the nearest gas station.

Can you put some type of fuel/water separator into your fuel pump? I'm thinking of something along the lines of the water separators used on air lines - glass jars/bells with a drain valve on the bottom.

Philbert

P.S. - Maybe Kevin Costner has something to sell you . . .

Glad to hear you are enjoying the mountains, Bob. :)

I sure am.

Moraine Lake - starting point for our SUnday hike
attachment.php

Larch Meadow -end point of the hike,
See the glacier atop the mountains on the rhs.
attachment.php

I aimed my telephoto at that glacier (Fay Glacier)
and spotted these four dots on the the glacier..
attachment.php

Zooming right in on that image.
attachment.php

Can you put some type of fuel/water separator into your fuel pump? I'm thinking of something along the lines of the water separators used on air lines - glass jars/bells with a drain valve on the bottom.
I'm not sure, freezing might be a problem in the winter. :confused:

Actually I don't have a pump at the moment, the problem gas had been siphoned from the barrel. Normally, I dump the last 5 gallons or so from the barrel due to water contamination, but it's possible that the siphon was sucking from the very bottom where the water was.

Since posting the last pictures, I pulled another gallon of stale gas from the barrel, this time drawing from a valve that was 2" - 3" above the bottom. It had only a few drops of water, the rest was good gas.

Long term, I'll probably go to an elevated gas tank with a gravity feed, and the main outlet 2" above the bottom of the tank. Then a drain valve on the very bottom of the tank to bleed off contaminated fuel.

Back