Cleaning your Stihl

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trook

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This may sound trivial, but how do most of you clean out all the junk in the "grid" that is on the pull start cover? I'm talking about the caked on stuff; not the loose debris you can slimply blow out with compressed air.

I want to be able to eat off of it. If i used it everyday that might be a little different. When i put it away i want it to shine like new. But that's just me. From the bar to the chain for it to be ready to go.

This may sound trivial, but how do most of you clean out all the junk in the "grid" that is on the pull start cover? I'm talking about the caked on stuff; not the loose debris you can slimply blow out with compressed air.

First thing when i buy a used saw is clean that crap out, then i never let it get like that again. I give it a quick blow with air and wipedown when i get home.

First thing when i buy a used saw is clean that crap out, then i never let it get like that again. I give it a quick blow with air and wipedown when i get home.

x2!!!! It is 10x easier to keep up with it along the way. Pull the thing off and go at it with a toothbrush from both sides

Dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!!

DSC03439.jpg

Dishwasher!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heeyyyyy, you just gave me a great idea!!! Especially since the wife is out of town until tomorrow afternoon!!!!! :cheers: :bowdown: :yourock:

I showed the war dept. :heart: that picture and she said if I want to do that I should install her one and when that one wears out I can have it when I replace the one she doesn't have yet. :help:

Now thats some deep cleaning there...:bowdown:

Inside and outside !

Without disassembling completely the saw, I remove clutch cover, flywheel cover, and other plastic covers, take a long and thin screwdriver, start scraping the gunk around and blow it away with compressed air. Careful with rubber and wire parts.

Latest posts

Back