Climber looking for work!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rager

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Im in Arkansas 15 years exp. I am safe at all costs and have been doing this all my life.I know one thing,when in doubt,rope it! and take smaller cuts. willing to travel if the price is right. $25/hour. I know what Im worth. I can make the right person alot of money. And save the right person alot of money!
Crew leader,7years bucket exp.You would have no worries with my work.Ive worked with West 4 years ,Davey 4 years as top climber and foreman.And lots of residential owner opperators.Many refs.E.H.A.P certified.
Im a happy person by nature and dont like working with pissed off people.absolutely no drugs/alcohol.
Thanks and happy holidays!
Roger Maciel. [email protected]

Last edited:
Wow ... is your second name Christ, although there's nothing wrong about having an exceedingly high opinion of yourself....why do you have to advertise.....?? :)

haha

:D thanks for the warm welcome Jock! Im advertising because theres no work in Hot Springs and Im looking for a good job/boss who wants to make money,like I do! Its not going well in Ar,at all.I thought that storm was going to do more damage but it missed us. Im not bragging but alot of times if you dont lay it on the line people think your full of ????.Especially in our buisness,theres too many fly by nighters that claim to be climbers that dont no squat,you know that. Im having to chase work now unfortunately, but a little change of scenery never hurt anyone!
Thanks for your reply.

Hey Radger, not sure how far you want to travel, but i have plenty work here climbing on the rail contracts, monies £120.00 per day plus hotel expenses...1 years work minimum, you will even meet people with a sense of humour on top of that.....let me know, if not happy hunting....Jock

Rager,
It sounds like you know your stuff, but we have to give the new guys a test before we can recommend them.
Here's the first question:
Say you come to a job site to trim up a historic old oak tree growing in a lawn area. Now, you've driven the dump truck and chipper around the tree 2 or 3 times to get it in just the right spot, but before you go up the tree to top it out, which spikes do you use 1"pole spikes or 3" tree spikes?

Well......

Hello Mike!
I wouldnt spike a "historic old oak".
#2 The lawn area is probably moist so I wouldnt want to rut it out or get stuck.with a dump & chipper,haha to get it in just the right spot?Nothing goes under the tree anyway until the trimming is done. I would raise the skirt most likely and any dead wood unless otherwise specified.I love the look of an old oak with a class #1 or #2 trimming leaving the canopy, but not topped!
unless the homeowner is nuts!
oh yeah pole spikes are usually 1-1/2" and tree gaffs are 2-3/4"
almost missed that one!:cool:

Last edited:
Good fielding on that question Roger but you better duck -Mike is gonna get you on the skirt raising and the old class 1 and 2 standards. A300 standards are the ones that we base stuff on now and Mike doesn't want anyone under his skirts. ( I don't know what is up with that-of course if Jock wears a kilt that would be understandable.);)

drive around it

drive around it one time a day for seven days then seven times the last day while honking the horn and it should fall ,...........maybe a few of you will get this one :D

Jocko

Are you accually in scottland? Is that the pound or euro? and how does that equal to usd? That sounds cool! How do the people over there like americans?They probably hate us!

**snip***

I couldnt help it!

**** snip****

although the idea of broadening my horizon and going and seeing a beautiful green scottland sounds inviting. How big are your trees?Im scared of hights:D
peace

Know people before you use those jokes, then do it privately. -jps

Hi Radger, Yes I'm in Scotland, spelt with one L, and the trees are big, or just as big as yours, although Americans may not agree with that as everything is big there.....well nearly :D , kilts are optional, no euro's(we dont want them) lots of traditional eating houses for americans(Mc Donalds)to spend there pounds on...:) approx $1.40 to the pound, and most importantly we get on with Americans very well, we dont eat as much and talk as much , we tend just to get on with things without moaning.....and we find we have as much work all year round as we can deal with....oh and nearly forgot weather s crap here.......:D Hope all you tree people have a great christmas and a happy new year..Cheers Jock.

Hmmm that means I would willingly come over for 42 quid an hour pluss expences. I'm willing to come down to that because my insurance will not cover me over there .

:D

why did you,

Edit my post? I didnt use any cursing,and those were legit questions! half the post is gone!!!!!!!!!!
whats up with this board?

Not curses but of questionable taste. What I edited had nothing to do with tree work and similar postings have caused problems.

What one conciders a harmless joke can be very offensive to another person, so we try to nip the crud in the bud.

I give the guy a break-my Brooks gaffs are 2". He's got it, and is willing to sell it at a reasonable rate. If I needed a climber I would take him. Liked his generous responses.

Welcome to the wonderful world of cyber-censorship. As you may have noticed, this is not a democracy and there is no such thing as freedom of speech. Think of it as a benevolent dictatorship.:D

This is not the courner pub to sit around and make off color jokes, by registering with the site, you agree to conduct yourself with a modicum of proffesionalism.

Spelling is optional.

Back