Clutch nuts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clutch nuts?

Yes, with both hands when in pool with barracudas, or pub with cougars.....

Oh, nm, wrong ones.:bang: :D :D

Since just about all are reverse threaded I'd guesstimate not much more than 15/20ft/lbs torque, or just over snug, can't see any more than that being any use but I also stand to be corrected.

:cheers:

Serge

Just because I was curious, I checked the Shindaiwa general shop Manual and here is their recommandation for the clutch reassembly: STEP 6. In the reverse order of removal, use the appropriate clutch tool to firmly tighten the clutch hub on the engine crankshaft. No torque specification though. At the end of the Manual you can have all the torque specification but the clutch appropriate torque is missing. On my shindaiwa 488, both sides of the crankshaft has M8x1 threads and the appropriate torque for the flywheel side is: 104-122lb-in. Bigger shindaiwa saws(577-757) uses 200-208in-lbs for the flywheel. Same threads size with same material and about same efforts, I would say flywheel and clutch torque values would be similar. IMHO in between the 2 torque specification closer to the 200lbs-in would be about right.

Last edited:
Back