Coal?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danl

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone have an idea where coal could be bought in southeast Miissouri? We are not that far from Ill.

I have done several google searches and come up...nothing.

Looking to supplement my withering woodpile

I would guess your best bet would be from one of our coal mines over here in SIL. I would find the closest one to you and check to see if they will sell you coal.

I sent them a request, maybe there is someone fairly close. I never thought about it before, but it would be nice to have some on hand.

I know I am the only one that got caught short this year..

I sent them a request, maybe there is someone fairly close. I never thought about it before, but it would be nice to have some on hand.

I know I am the only one that got caught short this year..

I'm going to get a load of coal today... I really like the stuff!

SR

They replied to me, I am not as lucky as swampthing. The closest to me is Seymour MO, near Springfield. About a 3 hour drive one way.

How far into Illinois do you have to go to buy coal? I am about 1 1/2 hours from Cairo. I try real hard not to go to Cairo...

Good call on avoiding Cairo. If you are only a 3 hour drive from a place that actually sells it to individuals that might be a better way to go. From Cairo it would be at least an hour to the first mine I know of.

They replied to me, I am not as lucky as swampthing. The closest to me is Seymour MO, near Springfield. About a 3 hour drive one way.

How far into Illinois do you have to go to buy coal? I am about 1 1/2 hours from Cairo. I try real hard not to go to Cairo...
I live right in the heart of the PA Coal Region. Town called Coaldale, actually.:laugh: We mine anthracite here. I can see the draglines across the highway from my front porch.

I got some coal yesterday. I haven't tried it yet but I have 6 5-gallon buckets of the stuff. I got it straight from the source. I drove my 4 wheeler to the bottom of the pit and loaded up my little trailer.

I bought 1,620 pounds of it a few days ago,

standard.jpg

It's toasty warm in here... :)

SR

I burn some of Pennsylvannias finest. I burn wood in the shoulder seasons now. Started with 3 1/2 tons of coal on November 8th,
and I'll be out of coal in about 3 or 4 days. Not too bad. I brought wood in the other day to dry it out and get ready for the switch.

Kevin

I burn some of Pennsylvannias finest. I burn wood in the shoulder seasons now. Started with 3 1/2 tons of coal on November 8th,
and I'll be out of coal in about 3 or 4 days. Not too bad. I brought wood in the other day to dry it out and get ready for the switch.

Kevin

Just what does coal go for a ton? Just wanted to figure in my head compared to wood. Thanks

Cost is very location sensitive. I'm in central PA right between the bituminous coal to the west and the anthracite to the east. I pay about $200/ton picked up. Go to nepacrossroads.com and you can find a local price for your area.

Latest posts

Back