Cold Snap is Back

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minus 4 on the shoreline in CT at 8:40am, the wind was cranking off Long Island sound last night. The dogs heard noises outside all night and were going crazy because of it.

Glad I picked up another Arborwear blanket at Christmas, they are so damn warm!

Now I am getting ready to make some Sunday gravy, perfect day for it.

002.JPG
you do have antifreeze,, in the owb water,,,right????

No antifreeze at all, the dealer recommended against it saying it caused corrosion. But being a large tank it holds heat for a long time and I could drain it at any point. -14 last night and I needed to get the tractor going to bring down another skid tote of oak. Hot oil dip stick worked just fine. Weird bit of snow hanging on the rear rim this morning

View attachment 486000

No antifreeze at all, the dealer recommended against it saying it caused corrosion. But being a large tank it holds heat for a long time and I could drain it at any point. -14 last night and I needed to get the tractor going to bring down another skid tote of oak. Hot oil dip stick worked just fine. Weird bit of snow hanging on the rear rim this morning
two things. pipes!!..and theres different types of antifreeze....

Well after all the cold days and nights and plenty of howling winds, my brand new Jeep battery died and had to get a boost to get home from work.
I got it home and no start, so I had it on charge all night and still nothing in the morning. Finally boosted it with wife's car and let it run for three hours to charge it from alternator and now it's OK.
I am off Wednesday(today ) so I'll keep it plugged in to the charger today and tonight on trickle charge.
Another -20C night tonight and -14C night on Thursday then up to +6 C with rain on Saturday.
Got my Maple firewood ready and my wood stove will be started soon.

Latest posts

Back