Cold

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldfront

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Oh goody I can't wait for tomorrow.
zip code 54843
Thursday
Mostly sunny. Highs 5 below to 10 below zero. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 35 below to 45 below zero.

Thursday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 25 below to 30 below zero. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 40 below to 50 below zero.

Cold in Missouri also.

At least we are back to normal Friday, two days ain't bad.

Day: Wednesday
Low: -2 to 3 degrees F
Mostly clear and very cold into the overnight. Dangerous wind chills with winds 20-30 mph gusting around 35-40 mph. Winds decrease to 15-25 mph during the overnight. Precipitation Probability: 10%.
Windchill -20 to 0 degrees F expected Into Tonight.

Day: Thursday
High: 10-15 degrees F
Low: -5 to 0 degrees F
Mostly sunny and very cold. Clear overnight. North to northwest wind 8-15 mph becoming light and variable overnight. Precipitation Probability: 0%. Frost on Bridges: No. Frost on Pavement: No.
Windchill -20 to -10 degrees F expected until 12pm, then -10 to 0.

Day: Friday
High: 25-29 degrees F
Low: 19-23 degrees F
Clear to partly cloudy, becoming breezy and not as cold. Precipitation Probability: 0%. Frost Potential: Yes. 30%.

For some odd reason I love to hear the porch snap/crack/pop under my feet when I go out the door cause it's cold. Kinda makes you know yer still alive! :D

zip code 54843
Mine is 54853 so we're not too far apart. I feel your pain bro! It wouldn't be so bad if it was calm but that wind just cuts right through you. Saturday I'm going out cutting all day and maybe Sunday too if it's nice out.

zip code 54843
Thursday
Mostly sunny. Highs 5 below to 10 below zero. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 35 below to 45 below zero.

Thursday Night
Mostly clear. Lows 25 below to 30 below zero. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 40 below to 50 below zero.
Same weather in Nebraska. This will be the coldest night of the year. It might even beat December 14, when fall was still here in 2008.

So far, no real super-cold days--just lots of cold days. I can live with that compared to 1981-83. Anybody remember those January beasts? :dizzy:

You may want to consider burning some natural gas as a peak shave. Word has it that NG is going to reach $4.50/MBTU by spring. Ever calculated how many pounds of good firewood that you need to burn to obtain a million BTUs of heat?

Last edited:
Pretty nippy up here today also. -3 right now and expect -10 tonight without the windchill. Lets up a bit by Sunday so they say. I was just out bring the trash too the end of my drive (100yrds.) and it's deffo brisk! I evaporated about 3 gallons of water off the two stoves yesterday just trying too give a little humidity too the air. Lots of static electricity on the air.:cheers:

Last edited:
Same weather in Nebraska. This will be the coldest night of the year. It might even beat December 14, when fall was still here in 2008.

So far, no real super-cold days--just lots of cold days. I can live with that compared to 1981-83. Anybody remember those January beasts? :dizzy

I remember the first year I moved up to northern WI. I think it was 1987 a stretch in Jan.-Feb. it went 30 straight days it never got above zero.

:jawdrop:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back