"Collar Screw" comes out with sprocket cover (help)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MartDalb

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi all

New project - got a used Stihl MS250C for next to nothing....

anyways, my issue is, the "collar screw" simply comes out when I take of the "sprocket cover" it's ofcourse a quick tension cover etc.

My question goes, is there a good way to make the screw STAY inside it's position, or has something broken inside it, since it comes out?
I am able to screw it back in, and it stays sure enough, but the sprocket cover keeps taking it out.

See pictures! and thanks for all help, as always :)

Attachments

• DSC_0179.JPG
    DSC_0179.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • DSC_0181.JPG
    DSC_0181.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0183.JPG
    DSC_0183.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 13
You need to go with the oversize collar screw. There is a section on it in here.

Attachments

• 2016-technical-reference-guide_final_interactive.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 9
You need to go with the oversize collar screw. There is a section on it in here.

Hey HarleyT thanks for the reply.

Hmm ok I will go trough that.

I the mean time, I tried with a fresh "collar screw" and a pair of M8 nuts, so I could put some pressure into it, and after that take the "nuts" off without just unscrewing the collar.

Fixed? maybe.... the sprocket cover nut does not pull out the "collar screw" anymore.

o_O

Very usefull!! Thanks a ton for that manual.

So it does say. Stripped out. Mine really isnt there yet, id say. Will see what happens if I tighten the sprocket cover nut to Max. If the bar bolt comes out I guess its time to oversize.

Hoping that its fairly easy to do

You could try a blue color thread sealant (loctite 242). Blue is usually the removable grade, the thread size is approaching the red grade strength. Clean the threads up with alcohol first to promote adhesion.

Latest posts

Back