Columbia Helicopter's Chinook Is In Our Area

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought you might appreciate this picture:
ex76.jpg

Cool story behind it here if you are interested:http://www.colheli.com/colheli.htmlGo to that website and click on "the hover barge photo" under "news and events".

BTW not a Chinook but its smaller brother, the Vertol 107, aka Sea Knight in US Service, Labrador in the Canadian Forces.

they ever fly that chinook?or was it just for show?just curious

They flew it a little bit, but mostly had it on standby. We've since had almost an inch of rain. I think we still have a small helicopter for the fire folks to fly around and look at stuff with. Yesterday was so foggy in the woods, but I heard it fire up when I went home.

We could see our breath yesterday. I put on a fleece sweater for wandering about in the huckleberry and reprod. I was flagging in a road. We will now heat up a bit again.:cry:

They flew it a little bit, but mostly had it on standby. We've since had almost an inch of rain. I think we still have a small helicopter for the fire folks to fly around and look at stuff with. Yesterday was so foggy in the woods, but I heard it fire up when I went home.

We could see our breath yesterday. I put on a fleece sweater for wandering about in the huckleberry and reprod. I was flagging in a road. We will now heat up a bit again.:cry:

good deal,glad you guys have had some rain,we have been real lucky with getting some rain down here not quite the typical monsoons like in years past,but hey well take what we can get!we seem to have eluded anotherfire season,just barely:dizzy:now to see what winter brings?

Its been just as wet over here in the ne corner of wa. Had like 3" of rain in the last week... putting a pretty quick end to my fire season. Those chinooks are awesome.. too bad they don't make them any more.

Isn't Boeing rebuilding Chinooks for the military?

Sure are, in Chester, Pa, though I think most of their activity is new builds these days. My best friend, who I am visiting two weekends from now works for them, mainly on US Army projects. Canada just bought 16 new ones as well.

Amazing aircraft when you consider it entered service in 1962.

http://www.boeing.com/rotorcraft/military/ch47d/index.htm

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back