Combining two separate stove pipes into one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jburke

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I have just acquired an old Wood Cook Stove and I have a plain wood burning stove in which I use the wood burning stove to heat my basement. The wood stove connects directly into a class A chimney. Can I tie in the old Wood Cook Stove stove pipe into the stove pipe that connects from the chimney to my wood burning stove? So it would merge stove pipe from each stove into one and that one pipe would go into the chimney. The stove pipe is 6 inch. Would connecting the two into one be a saftey issue? Thanks.

Check with your local town building codes. I think that is a big NO NO. You may get a negative pressure in one of the appliances and instead of drawing the air outside It could back feed into the second appliance. For safety run two separate chimneys It may cost more in the long run but at least It would be done correctly with no worries about co2.

Congratulations on the cookstove some day I will have one of my own.

Beefie

Thats a good question? I wanted to do the same thing.I guess the best thing to do would be check to see if it up to code to do that? I want to do that at my cabin.I have not looked into it yet.:confused:

No expert here.....

But in talking to experts, they all agree.... NO. Each device needs its own flue. A second heating device will weaken the draft on the one using the flue creating a weak draft.

Thanks to everyone that had replied. I guess I will just have to come up with a way to add an extra chimney. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back