Come on cold weather!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FourMoCajuns

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Man I sure am ready to have a nice fire going in the fireplaces and the outside boiler roaring.
I work in construction and this heat kills me! I grew up in south Louisiana but the colder weather is more to my liking. When its cold you can always put on another layer or work harder/faster to warm up. When it is hot there is only so much clothes you can take off before someone is calling the cops.

Yeah, I'm ready too. It's supposed to get down around 40 degrees up here the next couple of nights, so it isn't far off.

Catching the Allman Bros. at an outdoor venue tomorrow night and it should be a bit chilly.......until the Brothers heat things up!

I best get cutting wood. I don't like to cut until about September or Oct. I also hate the heat.

I agree, I have been trimming and clearing a road in my timber the past few weekends, over 100 degrees each day. Its killing me, the good news is I have plenty of wood for when it gets cold. I need to do a little splitting, maybe next weekend. Usually have a nice cold front cool it down a bit by the second or third week in september. Sometimes it gets cold enough to drive the doves south before the season opens on Sept. 1.

Jim

Heat. Bugs. Snakes. Half naked fat people. I do not like summer. I like winter, the colder the better.

I can't stand the intense heat but, when winter comes up here we are 4 feet deep in snow! Just to much of change for me. 40 at nite and 70 during the day is my favorite, too bad it only happens here for about a month a year.
Mark

Justsaws said:
Heat. Bugs. Snakes. Half naked fat people. I do not like summer. I like winter, the colder the better.

:laugh: While I'm down south, I hear ya! The summers up in Canada (Alberta) were/are fine. The winters up there can get ugly. But I'd rather the cold than the heat.

Kevin

Guess I shouldn't complain, near 100 deg. by noon, but awake at dawn to 55 deg. Means I get my tail up and am out cutting by 6 a.m. and back home done for the day by 9 a.m., when it's climbed to about 80. If I "sleep in," my legs inside those chaps are dripping wet. But, grew up in Dallas area, moved here to 8500 ft. above sea level 30 yr. ago and wouldn't leave. The cold doesn't bother me, I burn up some of this wood for heat and hot water and cooking. Easier to layer up some clothes in the cold than to de-layer in the heat.

Hey, I had to put the heat on in the truck a couple of mornings, so we are heading in the right direction.

still toping 100 here and high 70's at night so hurry up and send some this way

FourMoCajuns said:
The first morning I walk outside and I can see my breath is when I start to get all excited!:blob2:

Yep, me to!:hmm3grin2orange:
It snowed for about half a day here 2 winters ago and stuck around for the rest of the day and was gone during the night. While it was around I was as happy as a kid with a new toy!:hmm3grin2orange:
I miss the snow, but not the extreme cold that can sometimes come with it. I like it cold enough to keep the snow around.

Kevin

I hope everybody out cutting wood NOW is cutting it for NEXT winter and not this winter , This winters wood should of been cut to dry all summer . Anywho , i hate to cut in the summer but had a job that need done . Had a 85 year old gal need the trees in here yard taken care of . I went to take a look at the job and the trees looked like they havent been taken care of for 20 years . I ended up with 7 trucks of hard wood and 21 truck of brush . I hate hot weather .

I will take laying in the mud snow and slush welding 10 or 12 hours a day over the last 3 months I just spent in miami fl. I hated summer befor and hate it worse now. I've been home three weeks now and my boss keeps calling, telling me its a lot cooler in new mexico and I keep telling him its a lot cooler here in kansas, under my airconditioner. The house payment tells me I will be in new mexico monday but my wood pile is good for about 2 more years. I will have to do some cutting this winter to get back to a 4 or 5 year pile of wood. I do enjoy cutting and on the worst days, down in the teens burning the brush piles.

It's great to have a site like this to hear from others who are not so normal. I recall saying, in about mid-April, "That's enough summer now, I'll take winter back". I was within earshot of several people and thought that I was going to have to run for my life.

My absolute favorite time of year is fall. I love the cooler temps when you can finally get some work done without sweating to death. I'm a big hunter too so in Oct/Nov you'll find me spending lots of time up in the mountains. The leaves will start changing colors in another month.

Ain't it the truth

I was testing out a new saw in the middle of an unusual heat wave for these parts and before I knew it, I had a year's worth of firewood on the ground to clean up. My brother thought I'd lost my mind and I wasn't so sure he was far off. Sure is a lot nicer working in the winter.

Lets wait for winter.
Just planted food plots for Deer hunting. could use some rain.
perfect weather for fire wood around here. Got 60 face to cut for orders plus my own.
My god guys its not even Fall.

manual said:
Lets wait for winter.
Just planted food plots for Deer hunting. could use some rain.
perfect weather for fire wood around here. Got 60 face to cut for orders plus my own.
My god guys its not even Fall.
I know what ya mean!!

Latest posts

Back