Comments on our wood heat by our neighbors.......

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wife'nHubby

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
For the last two summers I've been going whole hog amassing firewood, splitting firewood, stacking firewood. One neighbor said either Shari was nuts or knew something about where the economy was going that no one else knew. :) Then she said "By the way, is there anyway we can dig a tunnel from your house to mine so I can have heat?" :)

The best comment was recently heard from another neighbor, "Shari, you must have given up on heating with wood because I never see any smoke coming out of your chimney."

Should I tell her burning seasoned wood & an EPA stove you will only see heat waves? :)

Shari

Just take them all as compliments and smile. Except for those you know, and share stuff (ideas, things) with. Don't want to be showing off. :hmm3grin2orange:
Remember that you could be creating competitors for possibly scarce resources, ie free wood.

Just take them all as compliments and smile. Except for those you know, and share stuff (ideas, things) with. Don't want to be showing off. :hmm3grin2orange:
Remember that you could be creating competitors for possibly scarce resources, ie free wood.

I don't think I would have any problems there - most of my neighbors are 70+ yrs. old and either widowed or divorced. In other words there's not a lot of motivation to change their heating habits. :)

Same thing here. We were heating our swimming pool for almost a month last year with an E-Classic 2300 when the neighbor asked what was wrong with us:msp_flapper:. Funny part is were not supposed to have an outdoor boiler here:msp_rolleyes:

We get the same comments about no smoke out of our chimney. When I cleaned the flue last week I found hardly any creosote on the walls at all.

Took us awhile to get use to running it but man it made a huge difference.

I have neighbors on the back side of my house. We leave some windows open almost year round. My neighbors ask the other day "Is your windows open on purpose, or are they broke??" Nope they are fine, heating with wood is not completly free but it sure beats outragous electric/fuel oil bills....And most important I get the family involved, we enjoy the work and even more the warmth on the colder days!!!

I live in a residential neighborhood, on a corner. My back yard is near the road, so I always have people walking by me. The typical comment is 'boy, that must be hard work'. I do try to love all people, and am always friendly, but my favorite time to work on the wood pile is when its 15 degrees and snowing because I can be alone out there without the walkers/lookers.

We get the same comments about no smoke out of our chimney. When I cleaned the flue last week I found hardly any creosote on the walls at all.

Took us awhile to get use to running it but man it made a huge difference.
If global warming is real, the ultimate factor is simply wasting heat out the chimney?

Tell them you are planning to build an addition to the house with it. That'll probably confuse the crap out of them.

Latest posts

Back