Concrete Destroyer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winn R

Rambling Wreck
Reaction score
Cleaning up parts off a concrete saw borders on impossible. There's something eternal in the coating concrete dust makes.

This stuff will not eat away at other metals like acid; it somehow joins with the cooked on coating and makes it foam. The hardest stuff just washes off.

Always nice when miracle gunk in a bottle works.

attachment.php

I've got CRS -- function of age -- I can't remember.

Used it for about six months but can't find the order record. Amazon lists it but it's not in stock.

DITEQ Concrete Destroyer

Google pulled up these folks. Don't use an Ace Hardware out of Brooklyn (I can remember some things!) -- they send the wrong thing and it takes forever to straighten out.

Good find!!! I've been looking for something like that!
I've been working on a buddys Concrete saw and what a PITA!!

Most concrete etchers or cleaners (for cleaning concrete off of surfaces) are just muriatic acid. Got to be a little careful around aluminum parts cause it will dissolve aluminum quite happily

That's where this stuff is different. 2-Butoxyethanol evidently is not acidic enough to effect the aluminum.

I was surprised.

even so if it's strong enough to brake down old concrete it potentially might do damage to engine parts, my advice would be don't leave it on to long and make sure you thoroughly wash down after use.
as with most solvents short periods are OK but don't go leaving it soaking overnight or you might remove more than you bargained for!
on the subject of cleaners I found this one called ASTONISH GREASE OFF it's a cooker cleaner used it to clean down an old Dolmar I got, dam thing looks brand new now, a couple of squirts and wash down with water, blast dry with the air line,job done.

Back